About The Format
This program is taught over two days by a carefully selected, highly skilled and experienced, GRM Specialist that has undergone Advanced Training to offer the Grief Recovery Method in an intensive 2½ day format. All GRM programs are confidential, structured and action oriented.
A Note From The Presenter:
Grief is a deeply painful, lonely, and isolating experience.
Grief is the normal and natural reaction to loss of any kind. When someone we care about dies, our relationship ends in divorce, or we experience any of the other 40 forms of loss, we often feel unprepared and ill-equipped to deal with our emotions.
You may be grieving due to one or more of the following losses,
- divorce or romantic break-up
- pet loss
- financial change
- job loss
- career change
- pregnancy loss
- loss of health, illness, or injury
- loss of childhood
- loss of trust, safety, or control, or
- loss of faith
Among the many normal reactions we experience after loss include,
- emotional and physical exhaustion
- loss of energy and motivation
- reduced concentration
- changes in eating and sleeping, and
- a roller coaster of emotional energy
Sadly, a majority of us have not been taught how to heal our emotional pain after loss.
Instead, we are told to “move on”, “keep busy”, “be strong”, “wait for time to heal” and eventually, “get over it”. This misinformation further isolates us in our pain and distracts us from our healing.
The wonderful news is, grief does not have to be a life sentence of suffering.
There are actionable tools that can help you to move beyond the pain and heal your heart after loss. Our transformational workshop is a safe and supportive space for you to examine what you’ve been taught about loss, to explore your beliefs about grief, and to complete a set of actions that will enable you to move forward in your life with hope. Once equipped with these tools, you will be able to work through other losses that you may have experienced in your past.
You will take new action within the comfort of a group of women who have all experienced loss.
The heart-to-heart connection that is formed among people who are experiencing parallel emotions, is a powerful force in our willingness to be vulnerable, courageous, and accountable in our healing. It is deeply moving to heal our wounds in partnerships and truly escape the isolation and loneliness that we often feel when we are grieving.
In this workshop you will have the opportunity to,
- Expand your understanding of what grief is and the various types of loss that can create feelings of grief
- Deepen your understanding of the emotional, physical, cognitive, and spiritual impact of grief
- Strengthen your foundation of healthy grieving and coping
- Demystify and modify limiting beliefs about effective recovery from loss
- Communicate your emotional truth regarding your losses
- Share your story in a safe, confidential, and supportive space
- Identify the losses in your life that are emotionally incomplete
- Deepen your self-awareness and your awareness in relationships
- Identify the emotional and behavioural habits that are not serving your healing
- Assume new ownership in your healing and in your life
- Take action to emotionally complete your relationship with a person who died, from whom you are now divorced, or any other circumstance
- Develop lifelong strategies to complete other losses in your life
- Renew your sense of hope and purpose in life
- Feel heard and seen by others without judgment, criticism, or analysis
Your workshop facilitator is Ashley Mielke, Registered Psychologist, Advanced Certified Grief Recovery Specialist®, Canada’s exclusive Grief Recovery Method® Certification Trainer, and the Founder and Director of The Grief and Trauma Healing Centre in Edmonton, AB.
Ashley was called to her purpose during a deeply painful time in her life. After years of witnessing her father struggle with alcohol and drug addiction, he died by suicide when she was just 23. In her deepest moments of sorrow, Ashley could not have fathomed that her father’s suicide would be her invitation to a life of service, purpose, and wholehearted living.
Since her father’s death in 2010, Ashley has committed her life to helping hundreds of human beings across Canada courageously take action to move beyond the pain caused by loss. Ashley has facilitated hundreds of Grief Recovery® workshops and has witnessed the incredible transformation in those whom she’s had the privilege of working with.
Ashley leads with compassion, courage, and vulnerability and aims to inspire and instill hope through her story of overcoming. Nothing makes Ashley feel more alive and grateful than the opportunity to impact others lives through the shared human experience of loss.
Your investment for participating is,
$995 with registration by June 5, 2020
$1295 with registration by June 12, 2020
Registration includes all materials.
You will also receive an invoice after the workshop that can submitted for reimbursement under psychology services if you have benefits coverage.
For registration and payment, please call 780-288-8011 or email [email protected]. Full refunds are available up until one week prior to the event.
Whether you are grieving due to a recent loss or a loss from long ago, it is never too soon or too late to heal your heart.