After more than three decades in the corporate world in Calgary, I decided to pursue a career path that would be not only personally rewarding, but one that would also allow me to help those who were struggling.
From the boardroom to the church basement and everything in between, working with, and supporting others, has always had great meaning for me.
I was first certified as a Grief Recovery Method Specialist™ in 2004; and I became an Advanced Grief Recovery Method Specialist™ in June 2020. My training was a life changing experience for me, one that influenced my life in a significant way. Because the Grief Recovery Method® addresses losses of all types and because it provides a way to deal with existing relationships that one wishes had been better, different or more, I was able to do meaningful work on some of my primary relationships in addition to addressing the pain associated with the loss of some of my close relatives and then, the loss of a career that had spanned three decades.
The demands of my prior career did limit the Grief Recovery Method® offerings I was able to provide; however, I did run a number of support groups and a number of one-on-one sessions in the years that followed my certification. In 2018, recognizing the increasing need for support services and following the loss of my job, I made a decision to enter into private practice to provide Grief Recovery® services to a broader audience and in a more meaningful and impactful way.
I believe in the importance of connecting, heart to heart, as I provide clients with the information they require to begin to move forward following a loss or a change to their circumstances that has resulted in heartache.
Holding space in a safe, non-judgemental, supportive environment is paramount to ensuring the success of your experience.
If you are interested in transforming the quality of your life following a significant loss, I would encourage you to contact me to discuss the various Grief Recovery® options available to you based on your specific needs.
You may be dealing with unresolved grief if you can identify with any of the following behaviours:
- Working longer hours than necessary or intended
- Excessive shopping
- New or increased use of alcohol or drugs
- New or increased use of the internet
- New or increased use of social media
- New or increased use of streaming services, TV, reading
- Over-eating or not eating enough
- Excessive exercising
- Doing anything…just to keep busy
- Isolating or withdrawing from normal activities.
Unresolved grief could be impacting your ability to live life fully today. Have you experienced any of the following significant life events and are you have difficulty dealing with the accompanying feelings of loss?
- Death of a loved one (or a less than loved one)
- Divorce or the end of a significant relationship
- Death of a beloved pet
- Dissatisfaction or feeling unfulfilled in life
- Dissatisfaction with the nature of some existing relationships
- Additional stress in the workplace or in the home
- Empty-nest syndrome
- Job loss or retirement
- Changes to financial circumstances/lifestyle
- Serious illness and/or changes in health
- Aging parents
- Addiction or mental-health related issues that have impacted your life and/or the life of a loved one
If so, and if you are willing to make a series of small, yet definitive choices, I will guide you through the Grief Recovery Method®. You will be provided with the information and the tools required to move through your grief. If you are ready to transform the quality of your life, please contact me.
I offer the following services in Calgary, Alberta:
- Eight week, Grief Recovery Support Group*
- Seven week, one-on-one, Grief Recovery Support sessions (scheduled by appointment)
- Four week, Helping Children with Loss Support Group**
- Six week, Pet Loss Support Group**
To ensure the safety and success of this offering for all participants, making a commitment to attend all eight sessions is essential. This is not a causual drop-in support group.
* The minimum number of participants for the Grief Recovery® Support Group is 6. If the minimum is not met 7 days prior to the scheduled commencement of the group, the group will be cancelled and registration fee will be refunded.
** The minimum number if participants for either the Helping Children With Loss Support Group or the Pet Loss Support Group is 6. Groups will be held periodically based on interest expressed.
If you have any additional questions or if you would like information regarding the pricing of the services I offer, please feel free to contact me by email at [email protected], by telephone at 403-510-3141 or you can visit my personal website at https://www.laurajonesconsulting.com.
Keeping you in my heart.