Hello, I'm Rebecca.
My desire to help grievers came in 2006 after the devastating loss of a close friend. During that period, I was attending design school and witnessed for the first time how creative practices such as writing, storytelling, and art can assist with healing during life’s most painful moments. These experiences eventually guideed me down a long path towards personal healing.
While searching for professional resources on grief, I came across the Grief Recovery Method and read raving reviews. The method resonated on so many levels with everything else I was studying on current frameworks for working with loss. I was skeptical about "recovery" because the multitude of what I had lost could never be recovered. Reading through the book gave me a better perspective of the approach and what recovery actually means when it comes to grief and loss. This work is life changing, yet very simple. It's effective because it's based on proven methods that makes sense to both your head and heart. After completing the method, a deep tension dissipated and I felt an immediate weight lifted from my shoulders. The Grief Recovery Method® is now a foundational program I use with clients.
Based in Seattle, Washington, I provide online and in-person, Individual and Group Programs year round. Currently, I work with clients internationally over Zoom's HIPAA compliant platform and in-person at the Stimson-Green Mansion in the First Hill neighborhood.
Please reach out for a no-obligation initial consultation to get started.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Certified Advanced Grief Recovery Method Specialist (2019)
- Virginia Mason Grief Services: Restorative Retelling; Faciliation Support for Violent and Traumatic Death (2020)
- Institute for Human Caring, Providence St. Joseph's Health: Program Facilitator for "Hear Me Now" (2018)
- Providence Hospice of Seattle: Patient Volunteer & Bereavement Support Program (2016)
- Zen Hospice Project: Mindful Caregiving Project (2015)
- School of Visual Concepts: Graphic Design & Letterpress Printing Program (2006-2009)
- IAOTRC (International Association of Trauma Recovery Coaching) (Current training 2022-2023)
The program was very beneficial. My 19 year old daughter was killed 2 weeks before I started the program. The method was very supportive. Even with my early grief brain I was able to grasp all concepts with clarity and complete the course work on time. I would recommend the method to any one in need of letting go of the pain they are experiencing from any loss.1-on-1 SupportParticipant in Seattle, WA09/05/2019