Rebecca’s initial desire to work with grievers came in 2006 after a dear friend's sudden death. While attending design school at the time, she experienced for the first time how creative practices such as writing, storytelling, and art can assist with healing during life’s most painful moments. Working with families facing the end of life and its complex realities and challenges became a lifelong calling.
While searching for professional resources on grief, she came across the Grief Recovery Method and read raving reviews. The method resonated on so many levels with everything else she was studying on current frameworks for working with loss. However, it was after experiencing the power of Grief Recovery for herself that she then went on to become an Advanced Grief Recovery Method Specialist in Washington State.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, she found a deeper yearning to work at the intersection of grief, trauma, and traumatic bereavement. She received further training as a certified trauma recovery coach to work safely and effectively with trauma survivors to help them build resilience and a life they love. Not all grief is traumatic, but all trauma requires grief to heal.
She is passionate in her work as an active hospice volunteer and providing educational and spiritual support in her Seattle community. Rebecca is currently serving grievers from all areas, all backgrounds and with all types of loss.
Based in Seattle, Washington, she offers online and in-person, Individual programs year round. Currently, working with clients internationally over Zoom's HIPAA compliant platform and in-person at the Stimson-Green Mansion in the First Hill neighborhood.
Please reach out for a no-obligation initial consultation to get started.
EDUCATION & TRAINING REFERENCES
- Headspace Training Institute | Certified Mental Health Coach (July 2024)
- NBC-HWC | National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach (Nov 2024)
- Francis Weller | Entering the Healing Ground: Grief Ritual Leadership Training (2023)
- IAOTRC | International Association of Trauma Recovery Coaching (2022)
- Virginia Mason Grief Services: Restorative Retelling; Faciliation Support for Violent and Traumatic Death (2020)
- GRI | Certified Advanced Grief Recovery Method Specialist (2019)
- Institute for Human Caring, Providence St. Joseph's Health| Program Facilitator for "Hear Me Now" (2018)
- Providence Hospice of Seattle | Patient Volunteer & Bereavement Support Program (2016)
- Zen Hospice Project | Mindful Caregiving Project (2015)
- School of Visual Concepts | Graphic Design & Letterpress Printing Program (2006-2009)
The program was very beneficial. My 19 year old daughter was killed 2 weeks before I started the program. The method was very supportive. Even with my early grief brain I was able to grasp all concepts with clarity and complete the course work on time. I would recommend the method to any one in need of letting go of the pain they are experiencing from any loss.One-on-One SupportParticipant in Seattle, WA09/05/2019