Find an Advanced Grief Recovery Method Specialist
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can work with you online.Connect Online Now
If you are reading this page of our website, that likely means that you, or someone close to you, is suffering from a broken heart. It may have been caused by the death of a family member, friend, or beloved pet. It may have been caused by a divorce, a break-up, or an estranged relationship. It may have been caused by the loss of a job, a move, or any number of other reasons. That sense of loss and the emotional pain that you are feeling is the normal and natural reaction to any major change in life!
Grief is emotional, not logical.
The grief that comes with any emotional loss can be overwhelming and also very isolating. Often people find that those they normally count on for emotional support are at a total loss when it comes to offering effective and meaningful assistance. They will often give you logical reasons why you should not feel bad, but that rarely helps. Grief is emotional and not logical! You are suffering from a broken heart, not a broken head! The fact that you are seeking help in dealing with that emotional pain is not a sign of weakness, but rather a recognition on your part that you are interested in taking recovery action!
This format is designed for those who do not have easy access to a Grief Recovery Specialist, or prefer working on-line, as opposed to in-person. This format will allow you privacy in discussing your emotional pain with a trained professional, who has used the same tools they are offering you to deal with the heartbreak that has impacted their life!
Reviews for GRM Online 1-on-1 Program
I was able to define my losses more easily or for the first time. I was able to decrease the pain of loss, not the memory. I was able to find resolution in relationships that I did not have before. I was able to see myself through more truthful eyes. I understood how as a child, I had no power or effectiveness in outcomes and developed inappropriate emotional responses to adult/child situations. I liked myself better and stopped blaming me for things I had no control over.Participant in Tucson, Arizona04/02/2020
Highly recommended for anyone who has gone through general counseling (or even if you haven’t ) yet still feels deeper healing needs to be done. This is a program like none other. It reaches down and searches the innermost parts of our souls to find the hidden areas that need final healing once and for all. I’m ready to do even more work in other relationships and bring about more freedom to walk this life.Participant in Austin, Texas03/25/2020
I needed help with a loss in a relationship. The program helped me realize this. I will be forever grateful!Participant in louisville, Ky03/24/2020
As a person with chronic illness, I was grateful that i could meet with Francine via Skype. I have done a good bit of grief & loss work before but wanted to dig deeper for more healing. Her commitment to listen without any interruptions of insights or judgements was very helpful. I appreciate the histograph and relationship graph. It was good to acknowledge all the areas that worked and didn't work in each relationship. I feel the activity section of the book that has you write out recovery components - apologies, forgiveness and unspoken feelings is duplicated in the completion letter. This redundancy made me feel bored and frustrated with the process. I did it for my first person but skipped to the letter for my second one since it contained exactly the same material as the recovery component list. I would urge you to make the process less tedious by having the person write the recovery components straight into the completion letter - since the material is exactly the same! My greatest current grief is loss of ability due to a chronic illness. There is nothing that helps me process this grief. I wish the book was broader in scope. Instead it gives a process to deal with relational grief. In future printings, I hope it expands to include all types of grief. And also eliminate the redundant 2nd step of writing out a recovery component list.Participant in Phoenix, AZ03/09/2020
Great learning experience but more importantly highly effective in helping with grief. Very powerful processParticipant in Online, Online03/01/2020
This program far exceeded my expectations in healing from my divorce! It’s easy to blame a failed marriage on your partner. This program facilitated an honest recounting of my contributing behaviors. It’s hard work, but I’m so thankful I made this investment in myself and my future.Participant in Las Vegas, NV01/31/2020
Don't wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
These are the things that our On-Line 1-on-1 Grief Recovery Method Programs have to offer:
- This approach allows you to work directly, in a one-on-one format, face-to-face (via computer) with an Advanced Grief Recovery Method (GRM) Specialist, certified and trained by The Grief Recovery Institute.
- Only a limited number of highly experienced Advanced GRM Specialists have been qualified and specifically trained to offer on-line support programs.
- Working on-line avoids the need to travel to any outside meeting location.
- Your on-line meetings will utilize a carefully selected network that insures secured privacy and does not allow for the recording of any session.
- Working in the one-on-one on-line format allows you more flexibility in selecting a meeting time that is convenient to both your personal schedule and that of your Specialist.
- Each of these six meetings will last roughly one hour.
- Your Advanced GRM Specialist will take you through each step of the Grief Recovery Method, utilizing the materials spelled out in “The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.”
- While you may come into this program with a specific loss in mind, your Specialist will lead you through the process of looking at all of the emotional losses that have touched you throughout your life, so that you can be focused on the one that has impacted you to the greatest degree.
- As with our other programs, your Advanced GRM Specialist will offer you a safe environment where you can share your feelings in total honesty, with absolute confidentiality assured.
“Having the option of the one to one course was attractive to me as I felt I was likely to hold back from expressing my feelings, concerning the death of my wife, in a group scenario. It quickly became apparent to me that I was getting so much more from the sessions than if I had read the Grief Recovery Handbook by myself. Some two months after finishing the course I certainly feel it has been of great benefit to me.”
The Grief Recovery Method Support programs have been developed and refined over the past 40 years, they teach you how to recover from loss with supportive Online 1-on-1 guidance every step of the way.
The investment for the Grief Recovery Method Online 1-1 Program varies from Advanced Specialist to Advanced Specialist.