Find an Advanced Grief Recovery Method Specialist
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can work with you online.Connect Online Now
If you are reading this page of our website, that likely means that you, or someone close to you, is suffering from a broken heart. It may have been caused by the death of a family member, friend, or beloved pet. It may have been caused by a divorce, a break-up, or an estranged relationship. It may have been caused by the loss of a job, a move, or any number of other reasons. That sense of loss and the emotional pain that you are feeling is the normal and natural reaction to any major change in life!
Grief is emotional, not logical.
The grief that comes with any emotional loss can be overwhelming and also very isolating. Often people find that those they normally count on for emotional support are at a total loss when it comes to offering effective and meaningful assistance. They will often give you logical reasons why you should not feel bad, but that rarely helps. Grief is emotional and not logical! You are suffering from a broken heart, not a broken head! The fact that you are seeking help in dealing with that emotional pain is not a sign of weakness, but rather a recognition on your part that you are interested in taking recovery action!
This format is designed for those who do not have easy access to a Grief Recovery Specialist, or prefer working on-line, as opposed to in-person. This format will allow you privacy in discussing your emotional pain with a trained professional, who has used the same tools they are offering you to deal with the heartbreak that has impacted their life!
Reviews for GRM Online 1-on-1 Program
A weight has been lifted that was a true barrier for grieving the unexpected loss of my husband. After completing the workshop and reading my letter, I can for the first time in a long time picture my husband with a love that I couldn't access previously due to the unresolved communications that blocked my heart. I feel free and truly complete; thank you for providing me with this gift! I am forever indebted to all of you, including my expert facilitator!Participant in Glendale, Arizona12/15/2020
This Grief Recovery Program has totally revitalized my emotional life. I had not realized how emotionally shut down I had become as a result of so much unprocessed grief going back into childhood until, suddenly, I was opening up and joy was finding freedom to flourish.Participant in Alexandria, , Virginia11/19/2020
The program helped me acknowledge my un-helpful ways of responding to grief. Thus I could begin to shift to helpful ways. And my facilitator and the book's exercises guided me in un-covering un-expressed grief and then expressing it in a safe manner. I did not realize how much space that un-expressed grief was taking up inside me until I completed the program. Quite cathartic and freeing for me.Participant in virtual, virtual11/19/2020
It detailed and explained how to work through your grief instead of bury it. Faye is an incredible human being and if it wasn't for her patience and understanding of the program I probably 2ould have quit after the first couple weeks.Participant in Nappanee, Indiana11/17/2020
I found the whole process quite emotionally exhausting but also exceptionally cathartic. It surfaced many long buried memories, both good and bad, but left me feeling a great sense of closure and with a positive, balanced memory of my mother. For the first time I saw her as an average, normal, individual with strengths and weaknesses who genuinely loved me in spite of her (and my) flaws. I cried a lot, but by the end I felt quite relieved and very much at peace.Participant in Ilford, Essex10/28/2020
The program has allowed me to learn the tools in order to forgive, but not forget my losses with my relationships. It has allowed me to be more self aware of my habits and routines when I cross paths with grief. I learned that I needed to be more kind to myself, but also to take the time to grieve as it is necessary, and allow myself to feel what I feel openly. This experience has allowed me to feel more confident and secure about possible future losses, and how I will be able to go about them.Participant in Cambridge, Ontario10/15/2020
Don't wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
These are the things that our On-Line 1-on-1 Grief Recovery Method Programs have to offer:
- This approach allows you to work directly, in a one-on-one format, face-to-face (via computer) with an Advanced Grief Recovery Method (GRM) Specialist, certified and trained by The Grief Recovery Institute.
- Only a limited number of highly experienced Advanced GRM Specialists have been qualified and specifically trained to offer on-line support programs.
- Working on-line avoids the need to travel to any outside meeting location.
- Your on-line meetings will utilize a carefully selected network that insures secured privacy and does not allow for the recording of any session.
- Working in the one-on-one on-line format allows you more flexibility in selecting a meeting time that is convenient to both your personal schedule and that of your Specialist.
- Each of these six meetings will last roughly one hour.
- Your Advanced GRM Specialist will take you through each step of the Grief Recovery Method, utilizing the materials spelled out in “The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.”
- While you may come into this program with a specific loss in mind, your Specialist will lead you through the process of looking at all of the emotional losses that have touched you throughout your life, so that you can be focused on the one that has impacted you to the greatest degree.
- As with our other programs, your Advanced GRM Specialist will offer you a safe environment where you can share your feelings in total honesty, with absolute confidentiality assured.
“Having the option of the one to one course was attractive to me as I felt I was likely to hold back from expressing my feelings, concerning the death of my wife, in a group scenario. It quickly became apparent to me that I was getting so much more from the sessions than if I had read the Grief Recovery Handbook by myself. Some two months after finishing the course I certainly feel it has been of great benefit to me.”
The Grief Recovery Method Support programs have been developed and refined over the past 40 years, they teach you how to recover from loss with supportive Online 1-on-1 guidance every step of the way.
The investment for the Grief Recovery Method Online 1-1 Program varies from Advanced Specialist to Advanced Specialist.