Find an Advanced Grief Recovery Method Specialist
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can work with you online.Connect Online Now
If you are reading this page of our website, that likely means that you, or someone close to you, is suffering from a broken heart. It may have been caused by the death of a family member, friend, or beloved pet. It may have been caused by a divorce, a break-up, or an estranged relationship. It may have been caused by the loss of a job, a move, or any number of other reasons. That sense of loss and the emotional pain that you are feeling is the normal and natural reaction to any major change in life!
Grief is emotional, not logical.
The grief that comes with any emotional loss can be overwhelming and also very isolating. Often people find that those they normally count on for emotional support are at a total loss when it comes to offering effective and meaningful assistance. They will often give you logical reasons why you should not feel bad, but that rarely helps. Grief is emotional and not logical! You are suffering from a broken heart, not a broken head! The fact that you are seeking help in dealing with that emotional pain is not a sign of weakness, but rather a recognition on your part that you are interested in taking recovery action!
This format is designed for those who do not have easy access to a Grief Recovery Specialist, or prefer working on-line, as opposed to in-person. This format will allow you privacy in discussing your emotional pain with a trained professional, who has used the same tools they are offering you to deal with the heartbreak that has impacted their life!
Reviews for GRM Online 1-on-1 Program
I am so glad I found Laura! I had just gone through cancer and was struggling. She helped me work through my losses including health, financial, and relationship. Thank you for everything! I tell everyone how she helped me =)Participant in Houston, TX07/20/2020
The program enabled basic education of how to process emotions and how to set up tools to work through challenging situations and forgive hurts that have happened. Dealing with emotional health is not something we are taught in today's American society, unless we seek out individual therapy on our own. That said, this process was great to go through learn and be a more complete person so we can create a more quality society by being present and setting good examples in our communities when loss occurs.Participant in Virtual, Virtual07/08/2020
I had never really dealt with the loss of my mom at a young age and didn't realize what a burden I was carrying around. This program helped me recognize it, work through it and be free from that burden. Life changer!Participant in Online, Kansas07/07/2020
The grief recovery program taught me so much about what grief is and how to deal with grief in a healthy way. I came into the program with a lot of unresolved feelings and huge sense of incompleteness as I had just lost a dear friend to suicide. When reading the Grief Recovery handbook and discussing my thoughts on it, I felt so understood — more than anybody else in my life at the time. I learned to identify so many things I couldn't put words on when it came to grief and more importantly I learned so many great tools that helped me examine my relationship and express my feelings. I was guided through bold steps that helped in completing my loss. (Yes, I loved the word ‘complete'). Though my grief didn't disappear after finishing the program, I can for sure say that I am in a better place and I continue to heal everyday.Participant in Cincinnati , OH06/27/2020
I'm very thankful to have found this program and Tammy. Would highly recommend to anyone feeling stuck in pain and not sure how to move forward from the death of a loved one.Participant in Toronto, Ontario06/23/2020
Initially, I decided to start the program after the loss of my mother. However, after my first session with Aida, we both came to the conclusion that there was other grief I had to deal with before being able to move on to the loss of my mother. This was really remarkable and life changing for me. I had a hard time dealing with my emotions before beginning this program. I was often too hard on myself and not as honest with myself about daily struggles that had always bothered me. This program has allowed me to grow both emotionally, mentally, and also physically. Before the program I was confused, lost, frustrated and over all depressed. After the six week program, I have seen a complete 180 in my day to day life. This program has changed my life for the better and I am looking forward to working with Aida through the alumni program.Participant in Baltimore, Maryland06/23/2020
Don't wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
These are the things that our On-Line 1-on-1 Grief Recovery Method Programs have to offer:
- This approach allows you to work directly, in a one-on-one format, face-to-face (via computer) with an Advanced Grief Recovery Method (GRM) Specialist, certified and trained by The Grief Recovery Institute.
- Only a limited number of highly experienced Advanced GRM Specialists have been qualified and specifically trained to offer on-line support programs.
- Working on-line avoids the need to travel to any outside meeting location.
- Your on-line meetings will utilize a carefully selected network that insures secured privacy and does not allow for the recording of any session.
- Working in the one-on-one on-line format allows you more flexibility in selecting a meeting time that is convenient to both your personal schedule and that of your Specialist.
- Each of these six meetings will last roughly one hour.
- Your Advanced GRM Specialist will take you through each step of the Grief Recovery Method, utilizing the materials spelled out in “The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.”
- While you may come into this program with a specific loss in mind, your Specialist will lead you through the process of looking at all of the emotional losses that have touched you throughout your life, so that you can be focused on the one that has impacted you to the greatest degree.
- As with our other programs, your Advanced GRM Specialist will offer you a safe environment where you can share your feelings in total honesty, with absolute confidentiality assured.
“Having the option of the one to one course was attractive to me as I felt I was likely to hold back from expressing my feelings, concerning the death of my wife, in a group scenario. It quickly became apparent to me that I was getting so much more from the sessions than if I had read the Grief Recovery Handbook by myself. Some two months after finishing the course I certainly feel it has been of great benefit to me.”
The Grief Recovery Method Support programs have been developed and refined over the past 40 years, they teach you how to recover from loss with supportive Online 1-on-1 guidance every step of the way.
The investment for the Grief Recovery Method Online 1-1 Program varies from Advanced Specialist to Advanced Specialist.