Find an Advanced Grief Recovery Method Specialist
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can work with you online.Connect Online Now
If you are reading this page of our website, that likely means that you, or someone close to you, is suffering from a broken heart. It may have been caused by the death of a family member, friend, or beloved pet. It may have been caused by a divorce, a break-up, or an estranged relationship. It may have been caused by the loss of a job, a move, or any number of other reasons. That sense of loss and the emotional pain that you are feeling is the normal and natural reaction to any major change in life!
Grief is emotional, not logical.
The grief that comes with any emotional loss can be overwhelming and also very isolating. Often people find that those they normally count on for emotional support are at a total loss when it comes to offering effective and meaningful assistance. They will often give you logical reasons why you should not feel bad, but that rarely helps. Grief is emotional and not logical! You are suffering from a broken heart, not a broken head! The fact that you are seeking help in dealing with that emotional pain is not a sign of weakness, but rather a recognition on your part that you are interested in taking recovery action!
This format is designed for those who do not have easy access to a Grief Recovery Specialist, or prefer working on-line, as opposed to in-person. This format will allow you privacy in discussing your emotional pain with a trained professional, who has used the same tools they are offering you to deal with the heartbreak that has impacted their life!
Reviews for GRM Online 1-on-1 Program
As human nature it would be very easy to procrastinate about doing the recovery work homework...the recovery method and facilitator is a very motivating when you start to see results.... grief recovery is an amazingly clear process to facilitate the difficult emotions associated with grief.Participant in Mira loma, Ca06/16/2020
I really enjoyed the easing in to the really hard work at the very end. Adrienne was Very compassionate, understanding and accommodating.Participant in Graniteville, SC06/15/2020
This was an 8-week, one-on-one weekly meeting through zoom with Lesleigh. We went through the book and I did all the exercises and then we discussed them in each session. I found the combination of written homework, reading, and one-on-one sessions to be very effective. My life is truly changed. I feel like a ton of bricks has been lifted from me psychologically. Lesleigh is an incredible teacher - she has all the skills an excellent facilitator needs - wisdom, intelligence, compassion, empathy, insight and also a great sense of humor. I recommend her very highly! Thank you so much for this amazing program - it has really helped me. :-) MarniParticipant in Van Nuys, CA06/10/2020
The Grief Recovery Method has given me simple yet powerful tools to help me achieve both balance and completion in areas of my life that were swirling with dissatisfaction and grief. I appreciate the program's structure that gave me the power to examine my emotions, organize my thoughts and release the different kinds of grief in my life. I feel like I can appreciate the current moment in my life because I am not stuck dwelling on the past.Participant in Paris, Ontario05/14/2020
Before starting this program I felt very lost and was looking for concrete steps to help move me through the grieving process. Grief recovery has now become a tool that helps me navigate daily life in an intentional way that brings mindfulness to where I am in that specific moment. It was incredibly validating to my experiences while grieving and made me feel comfortable with the idea of completion. I can't say enough good things about how this program has helped me grow and find peace.Participant in Waterloo, ON05/14/2020
My mother passed away and even though I knew her death would eventually come I still wasn't prepared. I kept thinking she would make it through her illness and give us a few more months or another year. So when she passed away in her sleep it was still sudden and I wasn't at her bedside. The Grief Recovery Method helped me take the pain off my shoulders that there were still some things I regretted that I should have done and that I should have said to her. I believe going through this process and writing the good bye letter has helped me get through this loss progressively so that I don't feel a heavy burden on me. It probably would have taken me longer to recover from her death if I were able to ever to. The Grief Recovery Method helped ease the heavy pain of losing a loved one. I am glad I was brave enough to complete the program and feel I can move on with my life without feeling I still had some unresolved matters with my mom.Participant in Culver City, CA05/13/2020
Don't wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
These are the things that our On-Line 1-on-1 Grief Recovery Method Programs have to offer:
- This approach allows you to work directly, in a one-on-one format, face-to-face (via computer) with an Advanced Grief Recovery Method (GRM) Specialist, certified and trained by The Grief Recovery Institute.
- Only a limited number of highly experienced Advanced GRM Specialists have been qualified and specifically trained to offer on-line support programs.
- Working on-line avoids the need to travel to any outside meeting location.
- Your on-line meetings will utilize a carefully selected network that insures secured privacy and does not allow for the recording of any session.
- Working in the one-on-one on-line format allows you more flexibility in selecting a meeting time that is convenient to both your personal schedule and that of your Specialist.
- Each of these six meetings will last roughly one hour.
- Your Advanced GRM Specialist will take you through each step of the Grief Recovery Method, utilizing the materials spelled out in “The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.”
- While you may come into this program with a specific loss in mind, your Specialist will lead you through the process of looking at all of the emotional losses that have touched you throughout your life, so that you can be focused on the one that has impacted you to the greatest degree.
- As with our other programs, your Advanced GRM Specialist will offer you a safe environment where you can share your feelings in total honesty, with absolute confidentiality assured.
“Having the option of the one to one course was attractive to me as I felt I was likely to hold back from expressing my feelings, concerning the death of my wife, in a group scenario. It quickly became apparent to me that I was getting so much more from the sessions than if I had read the Grief Recovery Handbook by myself. Some two months after finishing the course I certainly feel it has been of great benefit to me.”
The Grief Recovery Method Support programs have been developed and refined over the past 40 years, they teach you how to recover from loss with supportive Online 1-on-1 guidance every step of the way.
The investment for the Grief Recovery Method Online 1-1 Program varies from Advanced Specialist to Advanced Specialist.