Find an Advanced Grief Recovery Method Specialist
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can work with you online.Connect Online Now
If you are reading this page of our website, that likely means that you, or someone close to you, is suffering from a broken heart. It may have been caused by the death of a family member, friend, or beloved pet. It may have been caused by a divorce, a break-up, or an estranged relationship. It may have been caused by the loss of a job, a move, or any number of other reasons. That sense of loss and the emotional pain that you are feeling is the normal and natural reaction to any major change in life!
Grief is emotional, not logical.
The grief that comes with any emotional loss can be overwhelming and also very isolating. Often people find that those they normally count on for emotional support are at a total loss when it comes to offering effective and meaningful assistance. They will often give you logical reasons why you should not feel bad, but that rarely helps. Grief is emotional and not logical! You are suffering from a broken heart, not a broken head! The fact that you are seeking help in dealing with that emotional pain is not a sign of weakness, but rather a recognition on your part that you are interested in taking recovery action!
This format is designed for those who do not have easy access to a Grief Recovery Specialist, or prefer working on-line, as opposed to in-person. This format will allow you privacy in discussing your emotional pain with a trained professional, who has used the same tools they are offering you to deal with the heartbreak that has impacted their life!
Reviews for GRM Online 1-on-1 Program
I don't know what I would have done without Deborah and the Grief Recovery Method. After the sudden loss of my mother, I reached out to Deborah for help a week later. Growing up, I was never taught how to grieve but rather - to simply toughen up and move on. That approach was not going to work for me and needless to say, I was devastated, lost and deeply distressed by my mother's death. Deborah held my hand throughout the grieving process and held space magnificently - truly I don't know what I would have done without her. I found the action step process of the Grief Recovery Method profound and effective; unlike the traditional therapy sessions that I've encountered which felt entirely too clinical. The relationship graphs and the notion of forgiveness and apologies that have been unsaid my whole life was tremendously helpful and allowed me to reflect on several significant losses outside of the death of my mother that needed tending too as well. Needless to say, I was cracked open and put back together during this process. Deborah helped me with not only the grief recovery method, but also with my day to day, how to navigate going back to work, supported me throughout the planning of my mother's service and preparing me with outcomes that were sure to come with my familial relationships - which was spot on. I appreciated her valued insight and wisdom and will carry it on with me for the rest of my life. Ironically, I will be grieving the loss of Deborah and our weekly counseling sessions but with the tools that she taught me...I'll manage and hold her close to my mended heart. Thank you Deborah.10/12/2022
Helping realize how much I needed to forgive and let go, being able to define how certain things made me feel has been quite healing.10/12/2022
Since loosing my Mum I’ve struggled with the loss, so I turned to Julie and she’s been absolutely incredible, made me see light. No judgement. Julie makes you feel so relaxed and comfortable. It’s amazing just for someone to listen and help you along the way. Before i started my journey i felt lost but now i feel a huge weight has been lifted, now i feel i have the ability to cope better. Thank you so much for how you’ve helped me along the way. I appreciate it so much. You’re amazing.10/04/2022
Helping me identify what grief is and how it holds one down. Navigating through the world wading through unresolved grief is a tough way to live, and having someone knowledgeable and compassionate to rescue me from the waters has made a huge difference in my outlook and activity level. I feel freer and more able to move through the world the way I want rather than the way I have been held back.09/23/2022
Being able to put my feelings into words and be able to express the loss that caused long time grief was so refreshing.09/20/2022
I went into the program with limited expectations on how it could help me. What I discovered was that it provided key insight to the loss of my business and let me put to rest incomplete emotions and grief. Richard delivered the content in easy-to-understand terms and was a consummate professional. I now have a powerful tool that I can put to use to deal with any loss in my life.09/19/2022
Don't wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
These are the things that our On-Line 1-on-1 Grief Recovery Method Programs have to offer:
- This approach allows you to work directly, in a one-on-one format, face-to-face (via computer) with an Advanced Grief Recovery Method (GRM) Specialist, certified and trained by The Grief Recovery Institute.
- Only a limited number of highly experienced Advanced GRM Specialists have been qualified and specifically trained to offer on-line support programs.
- Working on-line avoids the need to travel to any outside meeting location.
- Your on-line meetings will utilize a carefully selected network that insures secured privacy and does not allow for the recording of any session.
- Working in the one-on-one on-line format allows you more flexibility in selecting a meeting time that is convenient to both your personal schedule and that of your Specialist.
- Each of these six meetings will last roughly one hour.
- Your Advanced GRM Specialist will take you through each step of the Grief Recovery Method, utilizing the materials spelled out in “The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.”
- While you may come into this program with a specific loss in mind, your Specialist will lead you through the process of looking at all of the emotional losses that have touched you throughout your life, so that you can be focused on the one that has impacted you to the greatest degree.
- As with our other programs, your Advanced GRM Specialist will offer you a safe environment where you can share your feelings in total honesty, with absolute confidentiality assured.
“Having the option of the one to one course was attractive to me as I felt I was likely to hold back from expressing my feelings, concerning the death of my wife, in a group scenario. It quickly became apparent to me that I was getting so much more from the sessions than if I had read the Grief Recovery Handbook by myself. Some two months after finishing the course I certainly feel it has been of great benefit to me.”
The Grief Recovery Method Support programs have been developed and refined over the past 40 years, they teach you how to recover from loss with supportive Online 1-on-1 guidance every step of the way.
The investment for the Grief Recovery Method Online 1-1 Program varies from Advanced Specialist to Advanced Specialist.