Find an Advanced Grief Recovery Method Specialist
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can work with you online.Connect Online Now
If you are reading this page of our website, that likely means that you, or someone close to you, is suffering from a broken heart. It may have been caused by the death of a family member, friend, or beloved pet. It may have been caused by a divorce, a break-up, or an estranged relationship. It may have been caused by the loss of a job, a move, or any number of other reasons. That sense of loss and the emotional pain that you are feeling is the normal and natural reaction to any major change in life!
Grief is emotional, not logical.
The grief that comes with any emotional loss can be overwhelming and also very isolating. Often people find that those they normally count on for emotional support are at a total loss when it comes to offering effective and meaningful assistance. They will often give you logical reasons why you should not feel bad, but that rarely helps. Grief is emotional and not logical! You are suffering from a broken heart, not a broken head! The fact that you are seeking help in dealing with that emotional pain is not a sign of weakness, but rather a recognition on your part that you are interested in taking recovery action!
This format is designed for those who do not have easy access to a Grief Recovery Specialist, or prefer working on-line, as opposed to in-person. This format will allow you privacy in discussing your emotional pain with a trained professional, who has used the same tools they are offering you to deal with the heartbreak that has impacted their life!
Reviews for GRM Online 1-on-1 Program
Loved the simple format that allows you to easily address your emotions one step at a time without becoming overwhelming or all consuming. Helped me become aware of my feelings and blind spots, as well as let go and accumulated complete losses I was unaware were still affecting me. Investing in counselor, the book, and the time to do the work paid off in being free from suffering any longer.04/02/2021
This program helped me deal with alot grief I have been dealing with in the loss of my son. The pain has been the hardest thing for me but with the help of Kari and going through the process, I am better. Nothing will bring my son back and the fact that I will miss him everyday, however, the grief and pain that was weighing so heavily on my heart, has gotten a little lighter after completing the program. I definitely had doubts that anything would work, but Kari helped me realize that I can still miss my son but it doesn't have to consume me and I can be happy and still wish my son was here and not feel guilty.03/30/2021
I first came to The Grief Recovery Method to understand the loss of my grandfather. After starting the Grief Recovery Handbook, I realized I had been experiencing loss since I was a young child and have many undelivered communications that need to be addressed. I am so grateful for this program and specifically Joe Dubowski as the facilitator who provided such sincere and thoughtful input on my journey towards a life free of grief.03/30/2021
I throughly gained an understanding of the concept of grief. The relationship graph was difficult initially. However, the goodbye letter helped me to release emotions that were just under the surface.03/29/2021
I needed to say outloud and be heard about the way different relationships have hurt me. I needed to let go of the pain. I needed to go through the process and stop carrying the weight of the losses. This program and Wendy helped me do this. I feel lighter. It couldn't have come at a better moment. Wendy was accessible and a listener with heart.03/17/2021
I have a better understanding of the myths surrounding grief and that we are not taught about grief. I learned that grief is normal and there are no set timeframes or steps. While I am grieving deeply for the loss of my husband, I have learned how to be supportive of my family as they have losses in the future, especially my grandchildren. And I plan to use the process to help me complete my relationship with my aging mother now so that I will not have regrets when she dies.03/17/2021
Don't wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
These are the things that our On-Line 1-on-1 Grief Recovery Method Programs have to offer:
- This approach allows you to work directly, in a one-on-one format, face-to-face (via computer) with an Advanced Grief Recovery Method (GRM) Specialist, certified and trained by The Grief Recovery Institute.
- Only a limited number of highly experienced Advanced GRM Specialists have been qualified and specifically trained to offer on-line support programs.
- Working on-line avoids the need to travel to any outside meeting location.
- Your on-line meetings will utilize a carefully selected network that insures secured privacy and does not allow for the recording of any session.
- Working in the one-on-one on-line format allows you more flexibility in selecting a meeting time that is convenient to both your personal schedule and that of your Specialist.
- Each of these six meetings will last roughly one hour.
- Your Advanced GRM Specialist will take you through each step of the Grief Recovery Method, utilizing the materials spelled out in “The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.”
- While you may come into this program with a specific loss in mind, your Specialist will lead you through the process of looking at all of the emotional losses that have touched you throughout your life, so that you can be focused on the one that has impacted you to the greatest degree.
- As with our other programs, your Advanced GRM Specialist will offer you a safe environment where you can share your feelings in total honesty, with absolute confidentiality assured.
“Having the option of the one to one course was attractive to me as I felt I was likely to hold back from expressing my feelings, concerning the death of my wife, in a group scenario. It quickly became apparent to me that I was getting so much more from the sessions than if I had read the Grief Recovery Handbook by myself. Some two months after finishing the course I certainly feel it has been of great benefit to me.”
The Grief Recovery Method Support programs have been developed and refined over the past 40 years, they teach you how to recover from loss with supportive Online 1-on-1 guidance every step of the way.
The investment for the Grief Recovery Method Online 1-1 Program varies from Advanced Specialist to Advanced Specialist.