Find an Advanced Grief Recovery Method Specialist
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can work with you online.Connect Online Now
If you are reading this page of our website, that likely means that you, or someone close to you, is suffering from a broken heart. It may have been caused by the death of a family member, friend, or beloved pet. It may have been caused by a divorce, a break-up, or an estranged relationship. It may have been caused by the loss of a job, a move, or any number of other reasons. That sense of loss and the emotional pain that you are feeling is the normal and natural reaction to any major change in life!
Grief is emotional, not logical.
The grief that comes with any emotional loss can be overwhelming and also very isolating. Often people find that those they normally count on for emotional support are at a total loss when it comes to offering effective and meaningful assistance. They will often give you logical reasons why you should not feel bad, but that rarely helps. Grief is emotional and not logical! You are suffering from a broken heart, not a broken head! The fact that you are seeking help in dealing with that emotional pain is not a sign of weakness, but rather a recognition on your part that you are interested in taking recovery action!
This format is designed for those who do not have easy access to a Grief Recovery Specialist, or prefer working on-line, as opposed to in-person. This format will allow you privacy in discussing your emotional pain with a trained professional, who has used the same tools they are offering you to deal with the heartbreak that has impacted their life!
Reviews for GRM Online 1-on-1 Program
I learned a lot about myself. One of the most impactful experiences was coming to understand my myths. That experience provided me with insight into how deeply closed off from my own emotions I have been. I found the grief and relationship timelines also very impactful. They showed me how much loss and grief I have carried with me and helped me notice that the issue that brought me to the GRM program was more nuanced than I realized. That loss included many positive moments, not just negative ones, and choices I needed to take responsibility for, and that I could not place the blame for my situation entirely on others. I found the recovery steps also impactful. I saw fully what I had been holding on to that had prevented me from moving through that grief, and I was grateful to be able to express it all via the completion letter.04/14/2022
I worked on the relationship with my Dad, who is still living. It has helped my relationship with him so very much. I understand so many things about our relationship that I didn't understand before the class. I saw some patterns that happened several times that I didn't recognize before this class. It has helped me realize my part and how I can move forward with a much better relationship with him.04/14/2022
Detola helped bring me out of a haze. As someone who likes to move on from things very quickly, I had not been able to deal with all the pain from the loss of my daughter. I was surviving each day but not really 'living' or thriving. Detola listened, and I felt she truly heard me. Helping me identify my STERBs, my specific patterns when dealing with loss, and face the emotions surrounding the brief but intense relationship with my daughter has been a freeing experience. I feel better equipped to face my new normal. I feel complete.03/30/2022
The Grief Recovery program finally gave me a way to complete the experience of grief, instead of having it lingering over me for the rest of my life. This program gave me concrete actionable steps to follow and gave me tools to use in the future.03/29/2022
The program was so helpful. Kari was so kind and open in sharing her journey and being a safe space for me to scream and cry and grieve. I feel so much better equipped to deal with the loss of my husband and the hard times I know I have ahead.03/21/2022
It has helped me understand more about greif and how to move forward. The relief of feeling a relationship is complete is uplifting. Life changing. I feel that I have learned skills that will help me move forward I life in life without the burdens of re past.03/09/2022
Don't wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
These are the things that our On-Line 1-on-1 Grief Recovery Method Programs have to offer:
- This approach allows you to work directly, in a one-on-one format, face-to-face (via computer) with an Advanced Grief Recovery Method (GRM) Specialist, certified and trained by The Grief Recovery Institute.
- Only a limited number of highly experienced Advanced GRM Specialists have been qualified and specifically trained to offer on-line support programs.
- Working on-line avoids the need to travel to any outside meeting location.
- Your on-line meetings will utilize a carefully selected network that insures secured privacy and does not allow for the recording of any session.
- Working in the one-on-one on-line format allows you more flexibility in selecting a meeting time that is convenient to both your personal schedule and that of your Specialist.
- Each of these six meetings will last roughly one hour.
- Your Advanced GRM Specialist will take you through each step of the Grief Recovery Method, utilizing the materials spelled out in “The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.”
- While you may come into this program with a specific loss in mind, your Specialist will lead you through the process of looking at all of the emotional losses that have touched you throughout your life, so that you can be focused on the one that has impacted you to the greatest degree.
- As with our other programs, your Advanced GRM Specialist will offer you a safe environment where you can share your feelings in total honesty, with absolute confidentiality assured.
“Having the option of the one to one course was attractive to me as I felt I was likely to hold back from expressing my feelings, concerning the death of my wife, in a group scenario. It quickly became apparent to me that I was getting so much more from the sessions than if I had read the Grief Recovery Handbook by myself. Some two months after finishing the course I certainly feel it has been of great benefit to me.”
The Grief Recovery Method Support programs have been developed and refined over the past 40 years, they teach you how to recover from loss with supportive Online 1-on-1 guidance every step of the way.
The investment for the Grief Recovery Method Online 1-1 Program varies from Advanced Specialist to Advanced Specialist.