Find an Online 1-on-1 Grief Recovery Method Specialist
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can work with you online.Connect Online Now
If you are reading this page of our website, that likely means that you, or someone close to you, is suffering from a broken heart. It may have been caused by the death of a family member, friend, or beloved pet. It may have been caused by a divorce, a break-up, or an estranged relationship. It may have been caused by the loss of a job, a move, or any number of other reasons. That sense of loss and the emotional pain that you are feeling is the normal and natural reaction to any major change in life!
Grief is emotional, not logical.
The grief that comes with any emotional loss can be overwhelming and also very isolating. Often people find that those they normally count on for emotional support are at a total loss when it comes to offering effective and meaningful assistance. They will often give you logical reasons why you should not feel bad, but that rarely helps. Grief is emotional and not logical! You are suffering from a broken heart, not a broken head! The fact that you are seeking help in dealing with that emotional pain is not a sign of weakness, but rather a recognition on your part that you are interested in taking recovery action!
This format is designed for those who do not have easy access to a Grief Recovery Specialist, or prefer working on-line, as opposed to in-person. This format will allow you privacy in discussing your emotional pain with a trained professional, who has used the same tools they are offering you to deal with the heartbreak that has impacted their life!
Reviews for GRM Online 1-on-1 Program
As a result of doing the simple but difficult work in the program, a giant burden was lifted from me. I could see my part in carrying the pain I've had, literally for DECADES. Brian Magee was the perfect facilitator. He listened carefully and answered questions fully. Always in a kind, gentle, caring manner. I've also learned how to deal with grief and other issues as things happen rather than letting them pile up. The Recovery Notes are also particularly helpful. THANK YOU ALL FOR THIS PROGRAM!!!Participant in SILVER SPRING, MD06/09/2023
This program worked for me because it provided action steps to work through every aspect of the relationship being grieved. It was a lot of hard work that may not have happened without the structure of the program. I feel empowered having completed this process and discussing it with my grief coach.Participant in Vancouver/Tallahassee, Washington/ Florida06/06/2023
Help me a lot understanding the processes I went through. I did all my best for my mom , I’m felling release now . I only say thank you for this programParticipant in Austin, Tx05/23/2023
Make me understand that I did everything was possible for me . I did everything right to my mom in our relationship. I don’t feel more sad for all the situation I went through. Help me release my quilt . Now I’m me feeling more confidentParticipant in Austin, Tx05/23/2023
I came in to this program with an open mind with the willingness to be vulnerable so I could heal. I thought my current grief was the area I wanted to observe and heal and yet I went back 40+ years and got closure with my first husband. I was diligent with the reading and homework assignments and I believe I will return and meet with Kristy to walk me through the loss of my mother, almost 7 years ago. I trust Kristy and the tools I now have in my backpack will help into the future.Participant in Cleveland, ohio05/18/2023
I believe it worked for me because it was structured and the knowing that It has been tested over years,Participant in Salt Lake, Utah05/18/2023
Don't wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
These are the things that our On-Line 1-on-1 Grief Recovery Method Programs have to offer:
- This approach allows you to work directly, in a one-on-one format, face-to-face (via computer) with a Grief Recovery Method (GRM) Specialist, certified and trained by The Grief Recovery Institute.
- Only a limited number of highly experienced GRM Specialists have been qualified and specifically trained to offer on-line support programs.
- Working on-line avoids the need to travel to any outside meeting location.
- Your on-line meetings will utilize a carefully selected network that insures secured privacy and does not allow for the recording of any session.
- Working in the one-on-one on-line format allows you more flexibility in selecting a meeting time that is convenient to both your personal schedule and that of your Specialist.
- Each of these six meetings will last roughly one hour.
- Your GRM Specialist will take you through each step of the Grief Recovery Method, utilizing the materials spelled out in “The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.”
- While you may come into this program with a specific loss in mind, your Specialist will lead you through the process of looking at all of the emotional losses that have touched you throughout your life, so that you can be focused on the one that has impacted you to the greatest degree.
- As with our other programs, your GRM Specialist will offer you a safe environment where you can share your feelings in total honesty, with absolute confidentiality assured.
“Having the option of the one to one course was attractive to me as I felt I was likely to hold back from expressing my feelings, concerning the death of my wife, in a group scenario. It quickly became apparent to me that I was getting so much more from the sessions than if I had read the Grief Recovery Handbook by myself. Some two months after finishing the course I certainly feel it has been of great benefit to me.”
The Grief Recovery Method Support programs have been developed and refined over the past 40 years, they teach you how to recover from loss with supportive Online 1-on-1 guidance every step of the way.
The investment for the Grief Recovery Method Online 1-1 Program varies from Specialist to Specialist.