Find an Online 1-on-1 Grief Recovery Method Specialist
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can work with you online.Connect Online Now
If you are reading this page of our website, that likely means that you, or someone close to you, is suffering from a broken heart. It may have been caused by the death of a family member, friend, or beloved pet. It may have been caused by a divorce, a break-up, or an estranged relationship. It may have been caused by the loss of a job, a move, or any number of other reasons. That sense of loss and the emotional pain that you are feeling is the normal and natural reaction to any major change in life!
Grief is emotional, not logical.
The grief that comes with any emotional loss can be overwhelming and also very isolating. Often people find that those they normally count on for emotional support are at a total loss when it comes to offering effective and meaningful assistance. They will often give you logical reasons why you should not feel bad, but that rarely helps. Grief is emotional and not logical! You are suffering from a broken heart, not a broken head! The fact that you are seeking help in dealing with that emotional pain is not a sign of weakness, but rather a recognition on your part that you are interested in taking recovery action!
This format is designed for those who do not have easy access to a Grief Recovery Specialist, or prefer working on-line, as opposed to in-person. This format will allow you privacy in discussing your emotional pain with a trained professional, who has used the same tools they are offering you to deal with the heartbreak that has impacted their life!
Reviews for GRM Online 1-on-1 Program
The later stages of the workshop were especially helpful in guiding me towards a less consuming sense of loss. The facilitator I worked with was super supportive and made sure that I felt safe and not alone. She encouraged me to dig up and write about my feelings rather than just my thoughts.Participant in Auburn, California04/02/2023
The program went deep and made me aware of several childhood issues I had carried all my life. It was a great journey of self development and to get in touch with some unaddressed emotions. I felt relief after the program and lighter.Participant in online via, Zoom03/21/2023
When I first began the Grief Recovery Method, my grief was in one big emotional soup pot. By following the GRM with Denise, my emotions became organized and I have been able to come to terms with the different aspects of my loss. This process has brought such relief to me and I can now move forward with the future. I am grateful and recommend this program.Participant in Londonderry, NH03/14/2023
The program helped me process the issues that I was still struggling with in regards to my divorce. I found that taking the time to go back through my timeline, helped me let go of negative aspects that were holding me back.Participant in online, online03/12/2023
After my father died, I realized I needed new skills and tools to address my grief. The Grief Recovery Method program as well designed, each week built upon the previous lessons. It was a privilege to work with my facilitator Kristy Anderson who is exceptional. Kristy's commitment to creating a safe, confidential and honest environment allowed me to relax and focus on the assignment and learning the new skills and tools presented in the program. It is rare, in life, to be truly listened to, Kristy has a gift she gave me her full attention and presence. I am grateful for her willingness to share her expertise and support me through being complete with a relationship that was so dear to me. I will highly recommend the program and working with Kristy.Participant in Charlotte, North Carolina03/11/2023
GRM has helped me to see the patterns in my life and put to rest the unfinished business from my past.Participant in Pittsburgh, PA03/06/2023
Don't wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
These are the things that our On-Line 1-on-1 Grief Recovery Method Programs have to offer:
- This approach allows you to work directly, in a one-on-one format, face-to-face (via computer) with a Grief Recovery Method (GRM) Specialist, certified and trained by The Grief Recovery Institute.
- Only a limited number of highly experienced GRM Specialists have been qualified and specifically trained to offer on-line support programs.
- Working on-line avoids the need to travel to any outside meeting location.
- Your on-line meetings will utilize a carefully selected network that insures secured privacy and does not allow for the recording of any session.
- Working in the one-on-one on-line format allows you more flexibility in selecting a meeting time that is convenient to both your personal schedule and that of your Specialist.
- Each of these six meetings will last roughly one hour.
- Your GRM Specialist will take you through each step of the Grief Recovery Method, utilizing the materials spelled out in “The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.”
- While you may come into this program with a specific loss in mind, your Specialist will lead you through the process of looking at all of the emotional losses that have touched you throughout your life, so that you can be focused on the one that has impacted you to the greatest degree.
- As with our other programs, your GRM Specialist will offer you a safe environment where you can share your feelings in total honesty, with absolute confidentiality assured.
“Having the option of the one to one course was attractive to me as I felt I was likely to hold back from expressing my feelings, concerning the death of my wife, in a group scenario. It quickly became apparent to me that I was getting so much more from the sessions than if I had read the Grief Recovery Handbook by myself. Some two months after finishing the course I certainly feel it has been of great benefit to me.”
The Grief Recovery Method Support programs have been developed and refined over the past 40 years, they teach you how to recover from loss with supportive Online 1-on-1 guidance every step of the way.
The investment for the Grief Recovery Method Online 1-1 Program varies from Specialist to Specialist.