Find an Online 1-on-1 Grief Recovery Method Specialist
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can work with you online.Connect Online Now
If you are reading this page of our website, that likely means that you, or someone close to you, is suffering from a broken heart. It may have been caused by the death of a family member, friend, or beloved pet. It may have been caused by a divorce, a break-up, or an estranged relationship. It may have been caused by the loss of a job, a move, or any number of other reasons. That sense of loss and the emotional pain that you are feeling is the normal and natural reaction to any major change in life!
Grief is emotional, not logical.
The grief that comes with any emotional loss can be overwhelming and also very isolating. Often people find that those they normally count on for emotional support are at a total loss when it comes to offering effective and meaningful assistance. They will often give you logical reasons why you should not feel bad, but that rarely helps. Grief is emotional and not logical! You are suffering from a broken heart, not a broken head! The fact that you are seeking help in dealing with that emotional pain is not a sign of weakness, but rather a recognition on your part that you are interested in taking recovery action!
This format is designed for those who do not have easy access to a Grief Recovery Specialist, or prefer working on-line, as opposed to in-person. This format will allow you privacy in discussing your emotional pain with a trained professional, who has used the same tools they are offering you to deal with the heartbreak that has impacted their life!
Reviews for GRM Online 1-on-1 Program
Keep up the great works Paul, I enjoyed every minute we shared in those sessions. 5 stars service all the way !!Participant in Sanford, Florida01/30/2024
Meeting Marla and going through this program was truly a Godsend for me. I instantly felt a connection with Marla the first session. I was very at ease speaking to her and was able to speak openly & honestly about my experiences for the very first time. This was extremely difficult for me and I truly believe, if not for Marla, I would never have been able to face these giants of my past and finally put them to rest. She is so special! A gift from God!Participant in Hudson, FL01/26/2024
Caroline de Vega was supportive and encouraging, which made me feel safe while taking on difficult losses. She was always in my corner.Participant in N/A, N/A01/26/2024
Emily was an empathetic and professional program facilitator. I appreciated that Emily left space for me to discuss my feelings without judgment or telling me what I "should" do. I felt empowered to discover my feelings through self-reflection, and her guidance was always in the form of an offering vs a direction. I felt like I was in a safe space with Emily and have already recommended her as a coach to my friends.Participant in N/A, N/A01/16/2024
Michelle was very forthright in sharing her own experiences with grief and loss. That signaled to me that GRM would benefit me as well. She was very kind and empathetic throughout the entire process. She was a good listener and guide through the process.Participant in MECHANICSBURG, PA01/12/2024
Dawn, while maintaining a professional stance, guided me with compassion & support while I went through the grieving process.Participant in NA, NA01/03/2024
Don't wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
These are the things that our On-Line 1-on-1 Grief Recovery Method Programs have to offer:
- This approach allows you to work directly, in a one-on-one format, face-to-face (via computer) with a Grief Recovery Method (GRM) Specialist, certified and trained by The Grief Recovery Institute.
- Only a limited number of highly experienced GRM Specialists have been qualified and specifically trained to offer on-line support programs.
- Working on-line avoids the need to travel to any outside meeting location.
- Your on-line meetings will utilize a carefully selected network that insures secured privacy and does not allow for the recording of any session.
- Working in the one-on-one on-line format allows you more flexibility in selecting a meeting time that is convenient to both your personal schedule and that of your Specialist.
- Each of these six meetings will last roughly one hour.
- Your GRM Specialist will take you through each step of the Grief Recovery Method, utilizing the materials spelled out in “The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.”
- While you may come into this program with a specific loss in mind, your Specialist will lead you through the process of looking at all of the emotional losses that have touched you throughout your life, so that you can be focused on the one that has impacted you to the greatest degree.
- As with our other programs, your GRM Specialist will offer you a safe environment where you can share your feelings in total honesty, with absolute confidentiality assured.
“Having the option of the one to one course was attractive to me as I felt I was likely to hold back from expressing my feelings, concerning the death of my wife, in a group scenario. It quickly became apparent to me that I was getting so much more from the sessions than if I had read the Grief Recovery Handbook by myself. Some two months after finishing the course I certainly feel it has been of great benefit to me.”
The Grief Recovery Method Support programs have been developed and refined over the past 40 years, they teach you how to recover from loss with supportive Online 1-on-1 guidance every step of the way.
The investment for the Grief Recovery Method Online 1-1 Program varies from Specialist to Specialist.