Find Grief Support Specialists in your area
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can help.Find a Group Now
Grief is emotional, not logical.
Did a death, divorce, or the end of a romantic relationship cause it? Or was it caused by any of the forty other losses that a person might experience such as moving, pet loss, or a change in finances? Regardless of the cause, you know how you feel and it probably isn’t good.
We aren’t going to tell you, “We know how you feel,” because we don’t. Neither does anyone else. What we will do is provide a safe environment where you will be given specific tools to help you recover from loss and ultimately lead a happier life.
Reviews for GRM Support Group
It has been a very eye opening experience!!! I was glad to learn I am not broken or damaged. I'm completely normal. We have been given misinformation our whole lives, and in just 8 weeks of true commitment to yourself, without quitting, because you want too! It's hard, but worth it! I was given the tools needed to clean out all the pain in my heart. That is not to say it won't come back or happen again, but NOW I have the ability too work through the anger, hurt and pain, and make more room in my heart for future love, joy, and happiness! I'm looking forward to the new memories I plan on making, and getting to know and like and accept the new me. I'm grateful for this amazing opportunity. I was given a life long gift, that I will treasure forever. Thank You, and God bless! Tammi Risse Successfully completed Grief Recovery Class 2019Participant in Huntington Beach, Ca03/26/2058
I have been able to "let some things go" that have been holding me back. I also have had many "ah ha moments" in looking back and linking similar patterns in myself. Thank you for a beautiful experience!Participant in Sacramento, California09/06/2019
In a few years there were several major losses in my life. Working through the GR method I was able to gain better understanding of the relationships, how to work thru to completion and the tools to complete all losses in the past and address present & future concerns effectively.Participant in Moncton, NB09/05/2019
I acknowledged my divorce from many years ago as grief and the program helped me to close this chapter and feel that I am somewhat more free and able to find more peace in my life.Participant in Lock Haven, Pennsylvania09/04/2019
Came away with new insights and tools to understand and deal with new and unresolved loss issues. Very helpful.Participant in Danbury , CT08/29/2019
The program has helped me recover from unresolved grief issues from a family member's death. In each week of this program I learned many skills that I will use through the rest of my life. I have found peace with a huge loss and I will now work on others that I discovered while working through the program. Thank you, Grief Recovery Institute and the wonderful program facilitators I worked with in this amazing program.Participant in Liberty Hill , TX08/28/2019
Don't wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
What is The Grief Recovery Method® Support Group?
Our Grief Support Groups provide a safe environment for you to look at your old beliefs about dealing with loss, which losses have affected your life, and take actions that will lead you to complete unresolved emotions that may still be causing you pain.
- It’s an action-based group that involves reading and writing assignments outlined in The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.
- It’s not a drop in group. You’ll either do an 8-week group format or a 7-week one-on-one format depending on your preference and availability.
- Each Grief Support Group is facilitated by one of our Certified Grief Recovery Specialists. Specialists come from all walks of life and professional backgrounds, but have on thing in common: a desire to help people.
- You will learn about all types of loss and you will chose what loss you want to focus upon.
- The Grief Recovery Method is a scientifically tested Evidence Based Program that provides grievers with a tried and true method that has been continuously refined and used time and time again over the last 40+ years, across multiple countries, and in multiple languages, to help them heal from loss(es).
- You will learn about all types of loss and you will choose what loss you want to focus upon.
The Grief Recovery Method Support Group, developed and refined over the past 30 years, teaches you how to recover from loss with supportive guidance every step of the way.