Find Grief Support Specialists in your area
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can help.Find a Group Now
Grief is emotional, not logical.
Did a death, divorce, or the end of a romantic relationship cause it? Or was it caused by any of the forty other losses that a person might experience such as moving, pet loss, or a change in finances? Regardless of the cause, you know how you feel and it probably isn’t good.
We aren’t going to tell you, “We know how you feel,” because we don’t. Neither does anyone else. What we will do is provide a safe environment where you will be given specific tools to help you recover from loss and ultimately lead a happier life.
Reviews for GRM Support Group
It has been a very eye opening experience!!! I was glad to learn I am not broken or damaged. I'm completely normal. We have been given misinformation our whole lives, and in just 8 weeks of true commitment to yourself, without quitting, because you want too! It's hard, but worth it! I was given the tools needed to clean out all the pain in my heart. That is not to say it won't come back or happen again, but NOW I have the ability too work through the anger, hurt and pain, and make more room in my heart for future love, joy, and happiness! I'm looking forward to the new memories I plan on making, and getting to know and like and accept the new me. I'm grateful for this amazing opportunity. I was given a life long gift, that I will treasure forever. Thank You, and God bless! Tammi Risse Successfully completed Grief Recovery Class 2019Participant in Huntington Beach, Ca03/26/2058
I feel like I have tools now to work through difficult emotions events. This program felt very safe and slow, just what I needed.07/26/2019
I appreciated the detailed instruction to honestly look at all of life's losses and shift through to find relationships that have been left with things unsaid, and the confidential, "safe", atmosphere to get those things said out loud. I look at "change" differently now and I believe that this "method" will help me to process future loss in a fulfilling way. It has also taught me to say things to my loved ones NOW.07/23/2019
I am finally letting go of the baggage that has held me down all of my adult life. I had quite a bit of resistance in doing so, but finally pulled the trigger on it. This is major stuff!07/22/2019
The program has helped me come to terms with some of the thoughts and feelings that I was having. I am still grieving, but feel better equipped to handle it.07/22/2019
Today, the day after reading my completion letter, but before I have done any of the further work... I feel lighter. I feel like I can move on to the next steps, and I'm grateful for the group of women who went through this process with me, and the knowledge that we can continue to support each other going forward. I feel I have a new tool in my toolbox, and am anxious to do further relationship graphs and completion letters with other loss/grief events on my loss history graph. I'm excited to be moving in a positive direction, and grateful for The Grief Recovery Method for providing this road map to recovery.07/22/2019
Don't wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
What is The Grief Recovery Method® Support Group?
Our Grief Support Groups provide a safe environment for you to look at your old beliefs about dealing with loss, which losses have affected your life, and take actions that will lead you to complete unresolved emotions that may still be causing you pain.
- It’s an action-based group that involves reading and writing assignments outlined in The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.
- It’s not a drop in group. You’ll either do an 8-week group format or a 7-week one-on-one format depending on your preference and availability.
- Each Grief Support Group is facilitated by one of our Certified Grief Recovery Specialists. Specialists come from all walks of life and professional backgrounds, but have on thing in common: a desire to help people.
- You will learn about all types of loss and you will chose what loss you want to focus upon.
- The Grief Recovery Method is a scientifically tested Evidence Based Program that provides grievers with a tried and true method that has been continuously refined and used time and time again over the last 40+ years, across multiple countries, and in multiple languages, to help them heal from loss(es).
- You will learn about all types of loss and you will choose what loss you want to focus upon.
The Grief Recovery Method Support Group, developed and refined over the past 30 years, teaches you how to recover from loss with supportive guidance every step of the way.