Find Grief Support Specialists in your area
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can help.
Grief is emotional, not logical.
Did a death, divorce, or the end of a romantic relationship cause it? Or was it caused by any of the forty other losses that a person might experience such as moving, pet loss, or a change in finances? Regardless of the cause, you know how you feel and it probably isn’t good.
We aren’t going to tell you, “We know how you feel,” because we don’t. Neither does anyone else. What we will do is provide a safe environment where you will be given specific tools to help you recover from loss and ultimately lead a happier life.
Reviews for GRM Support Group
grief is a tough process. our group did not all participate in the same way. not all did their homework. it took time. I did the homework and learned a great deal. others found to too hard to dredge up those memories. you get out what you put in. if people think their grief will disappear after taking the course they may be disappointed.08/04/2022
Writing a letter was a form of therapy and a release of any feelings or guilt lingering after the death of my husband. Being his caretaker watching him decline over 10 months brought on its own trauma anger sadness and hopelessness the program to help me deal through it and also Gina with her advice and calm demeanour07/31/2022
It has helped me understand and manage the feelings surrounding my father's passing, while also allowing me to properly support myself and the loved ones in my family.07/30/2022
The GRM has help me deal with grief and emotions that I had no clue I was holding onto. I feel free of the emotional hurts & pains since letting go in my completion letter.07/29/2022
The graphs were particularly helpful, as was the homework (heartwork). Having to verbalise this during online session was very different to anything else I've experienced in therapy. Was heartwarming to verbalise feelings in a safe place, with no interruptions whilst speaking, and no one trying to "fix" me or give unsolicited advice.07/27/2022
The facilitator was warm, caring, empathetic and knowledgable. The program itself and the process was excellent. Actively participating by attending the sessions and doing the reading and homework was structured in a way that was effective.07/27/2022
Don't wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
What is The Grief Recovery Method® Support Group?
Our Grief Support Groups provide a safe environment for you to look at your old beliefs about dealing with loss, which losses have affected your life, and take actions that will lead you to complete unresolved emotions that may still be causing you pain.
- It’s an action-based group that involves reading and writing assignments outlined in The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.
- It’s not a drop in group. You’ll either do an 8-week group format or a 7-week one-on-one format depending on your preference and availability.
- Each Grief Support Group is facilitated by one of our Certified Grief Recovery Specialists. Specialists come from all walks of life and professional backgrounds, but have on thing in common: a desire to help people.
- You will learn about all types of loss and you will chose what loss you want to focus upon.
- The Grief Recovery Method is a scientifically tested Evidence Based Program that provides grievers with a tried and true method that has been continuously refined and used time and time again over the last 40+ years, across multiple countries, and in multiple languages, to help them heal from loss(es).
The Grief Recovery Method Support Group, developed and refined over the past 30 years, teaches you how to recover from loss with supportive guidance every step of the way.