Find Grief Support Specialists in your area
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can help.
Grief is emotional, not logical.
Did a death, divorce, or the end of a romantic relationship cause it? Or was it caused by any of the forty other losses that a person might experience such as moving, pet loss, or a change in finances? Regardless of the cause, you know how you feel and it probably isn’t good.
We aren’t going to tell you, “We know how you feel,” because we don’t. Neither does anyone else. What we will do is provide a safe environment where you will be given specific tools to help you recover from loss and ultimately lead a happier life.
Reviews for GRM Support Group
There were so many misunderstood facts about grief. I learned so much. I truly benefited from being able to talk about my personal emotions and feelings without being judged or having to receive inappropriate comments or suggestions. The group was wonderful. Joan is a consummate coach.04/13/2022
I think it helped and will continue to help me greatly as I continue to process grief in many ways on my life journey.04/13/2022
The programme has helped me reflect on all aspects of grief. It has supported me in working through my relationship with my mum who passed away over 20 years back and helped me to take action on items that had been left unsaid. Things that, while working through the programme, were clearly still weighing heavy and affecting everyday decisions. I feel I now have the tools and ongoing support to work through other losses that hold me back.04/11/2022
I felt a weight lifted off of me. I added some information to my letter of completion that I had not been willing/able to express before. I believe it was the trust of the group was so supportive.04/11/2022
This program helped me identify where my grief was coming from so that I could deal with the grief. It helped me identify and understand my STERBs. It helped me to understand why I had so much anxiety around Thanksgiving. It helped me to identify the triggers that led to my depression and anxiety. The class helped me to let go of these burdens and be freed from them.04/11/2022
For years, I carried the pain of the loss of my Mother. I come from a home of abuse and with that come also much pain. That too revolved around my mom. She was no so much the abuser as she too was being abused, but as a child I never could understand why she did not protect me. Taking this course helped me to see that she did the best she knew to do given her circumstances. This course helped me to forgive, apologize, and acknowledge her in ways I would have never thougt before. This course gave me the tools required to heal and let go of pain that I have carried deep inside for many years. I will recommend this course to others becuase we all suffer from loss and grief.04/11/2022
Don't wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
What is The Grief Recovery Method® Support Group?
Our Grief Support Groups provide a safe environment for you to look at your old beliefs about dealing with loss, which losses have affected your life, and take actions that will lead you to complete unresolved emotions that may still be causing you pain.
- It’s an action-based group that involves reading and writing assignments outlined in The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.
- It’s not a drop in group. You’ll either do an 8-week group format or a 7-week one-on-one format depending on your preference and availability.
- Each Grief Support Group is facilitated by one of our Certified Grief Recovery Specialists. Specialists come from all walks of life and professional backgrounds, but have on thing in common: a desire to help people.
- You will learn about all types of loss and you will chose what loss you want to focus upon.
- The Grief Recovery Method is a scientifically tested Evidence Based Program that provides grievers with a tried and true method that has been continuously refined and used time and time again over the last 40+ years, across multiple countries, and in multiple languages, to help them heal from loss(es).
The Grief Recovery Method Support Group, developed and refined over the past 30 years, teaches you how to recover from loss with supportive guidance every step of the way.