Find Grief Support Specialists in your area
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can help.Find a Group Now
Grief is emotional, not logical.
Did a death, divorce, or the end of a romantic relationship cause it? Or was it caused by any of the forty other losses that a person might experience such as moving, pet loss, or a change in finances? Regardless of the cause, you know how you feel and it probably isn’t good.
We aren’t going to tell you, “We know how you feel,” because we don’t. Neither does anyone else. What we will do is provide a safe environment where you will be given specific tools to help you recover from loss and ultimately lead a happier life.
Reviews for GRM Support Group
It has been a very eye opening experience!!! I was glad to learn I am not broken or damaged. I'm completely normal. We have been given misinformation our whole lives, and in just 8 weeks of true commitment to yourself, without quitting, because you want too! It's hard, but worth it! I was given the tools needed to clean out all the pain in my heart. That is not to say it won't come back or happen again, but NOW I have the ability too work through the anger, hurt and pain, and make more room in my heart for future love, joy, and happiness! I'm looking forward to the new memories I plan on making, and getting to know and like and accept the new me. I'm grateful for this amazing opportunity. I was given a life long gift, that I will treasure forever. Thank You, and God bless! Tammi Risse Successfully completed Grief Recovery Class 2019Participant in Huntington Beach, Ca03/26/2058
I lost both parents within 18 months of each other. The grief of relationships has me trying to figure out why and who I was without them in this earth. Thera had stated she had started her company and the Grief Recovery Method was the process. I said, why not. What I realized about my journey is I have been grieving life for a long time. The death of my parents were a small part of me coming to terms with many things of my life to bring closure. The way I feel now about relationships in my life is so unique and eye opening. I realize grief has ripple effects and they must be taken and addressed one by one. I will use this process for myself for the a very long time.Participant in Jacksonville , NC01/02/2020
It was good to share with the group but not encouraging me to go past a lot of what I’d already doneParticipant in Chicago, Illinois12/30/2019
The methodology used really helped me to take affective steps forward in confronting and dealing with the grief I am experiencing from the loss of my spouse.Participant in Danbury, CT12/20/2019
I was taught things I didn't know in regards to help other grievers and to grieve myself and being OK with grieving!Participant in Bismarck, ND12/19/2019
I was able to work through the grief of losing my mom. I learned very important life skills helping me deal with other losses in my life. And I am better equipped to be supportive of others who are suffering loss.Participant in Sun City West, Arizona12/18/2019
Don't wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
What is The Grief Recovery Method® Support Group?
Our Grief Support Groups provide a safe environment for you to look at your old beliefs about dealing with loss, which losses have affected your life, and take actions that will lead you to complete unresolved emotions that may still be causing you pain.
- It’s an action-based group that involves reading and writing assignments outlined in The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.
- It’s not a drop in group. You’ll either do an 8-week group format or a 7-week one-on-one format depending on your preference and availability.
- Each Grief Support Group is facilitated by one of our Certified Grief Recovery Specialists. Specialists come from all walks of life and professional backgrounds, but have on thing in common: a desire to help people.
- You will learn about all types of loss and you will chose what loss you want to focus upon.
- The Grief Recovery Method is a scientifically tested Evidence Based Program that provides grievers with a tried and true method that has been continuously refined and used time and time again over the last 40+ years, across multiple countries, and in multiple languages, to help them heal from loss(es).
- You will learn about all types of loss and you will choose what loss you want to focus upon.
The Grief Recovery Method Support Group, developed and refined over the past 30 years, teaches you how to recover from loss with supportive guidance every step of the way.