Find Grief Support Specialists in your area
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can help.Find a Group Now
Grief is emotional, not logical.
Did a death, divorce, or the end of a romantic relationship cause it? Or was it caused by any of the forty other losses that a person might experience such as moving, pet loss, or a change in finances? Regardless of the cause, you know how you feel and it probably isn’t good.
We aren’t going to tell you, “We know how you feel,” because we don’t. Neither does anyone else. What we will do is provide a safe environment where you will be given specific tools to help you recover from loss and ultimately lead a happier life.
Reviews for GRM Support Group
It has been a very eye opening experience!!! I was glad to learn I am not broken or damaged. I'm completely normal. We have been given misinformation our whole lives, and in just 8 weeks of true commitment to yourself, without quitting, because you want too! It's hard, but worth it! I was given the tools needed to clean out all the pain in my heart. That is not to say it won't come back or happen again, but NOW I have the ability too work through the anger, hurt and pain, and make more room in my heart for future love, joy, and happiness! I'm looking forward to the new memories I plan on making, and getting to know and like and accept the new me. I'm grateful for this amazing opportunity. I was given a life long gift, that I will treasure forever. Thank You, and God bless! Tammi Risse Successfully completed Grief Recovery Class 2019Participant in Huntington Beach, Ca03/26/2058
This program has worked for me by giving me the information and tools to complete my grief over the loss of my husband. Hopefully in time I will be able to move on with my life feeling like the heavy load of grief has lessened and will eventually go away.04/13/2021
This program gave me a more clear understanding of what grief is and how it effects our day to day life. I'm grateful for have taken the opportunity to sort through things that I've never considered as a loss. This program has freed me and changed my view on life forever.04/06/2021
The program has helped new to improve my relationships with my sons mother and spouse. I appreciate life with a foward perspective. No longer am I trying to wish for a changed past.04/06/2021
This has been the biggest blessing. I am forever changed in the most positive way. When I started grief recovery I was broken in so many pieces and the women I see is one who has chosen to live a joyful intentional life not carrying the hurt of the past and made peace with the foundation of the hurt.04/06/2021
I have a stronger understanding that we all grieve on our own time, in our own way. What I feel in the moment or a specific task, is ok. I feel better knowing that we don't have a process to go through but steps to take. I feel I have accomplished a completion and still know my dad is and always will be with me. Though the communication ended, our relationship is not over...I will see him in heaven one day.04/06/2021
Don't wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
What is The Grief Recovery Method® Support Group?
Our Grief Support Groups provide a safe environment for you to look at your old beliefs about dealing with loss, which losses have affected your life, and take actions that will lead you to complete unresolved emotions that may still be causing you pain.
- It’s an action-based group that involves reading and writing assignments outlined in The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.
- It’s not a drop in group. You’ll either do an 8-week group format or a 7-week one-on-one format depending on your preference and availability.
- Each Grief Support Group is facilitated by one of our Certified Grief Recovery Specialists. Specialists come from all walks of life and professional backgrounds, but have on thing in common: a desire to help people.
- You will learn about all types of loss and you will chose what loss you want to focus upon.
- The Grief Recovery Method is a scientifically tested Evidence Based Program that provides grievers with a tried and true method that has been continuously refined and used time and time again over the last 40+ years, across multiple countries, and in multiple languages, to help them heal from loss(es).
The Grief Recovery Method Support Group, developed and refined over the past 30 years, teaches you how to recover from loss with supportive guidance every step of the way.