Find Grief Support Specialists in your area
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can help.Find a Group Now
Grief is emotional, not logical.
Did a death, divorce, or the end of a romantic relationship cause it? Or was it caused by any of the forty other losses that a person might experience such as moving, pet loss, or a change in finances? Regardless of the cause, you know how you feel and it probably isn’t good.
We aren’t going to tell you, “We know how you feel,” because we don’t. Neither does anyone else. What we will do is provide a safe environment where you will be given specific tools to help you recover from loss and ultimately lead a happier life.
Reviews for GRM Support Group
It has been a very eye opening experience!!! I was glad to learn I am not broken or damaged. I'm completely normal. We have been given misinformation our whole lives, and in just 8 weeks of true commitment to yourself, without quitting, because you want too! It's hard, but worth it! I was given the tools needed to clean out all the pain in my heart. That is not to say it won't come back or happen again, but NOW I have the ability too work through the anger, hurt and pain, and make more room in my heart for future love, joy, and happiness! I'm looking forward to the new memories I plan on making, and getting to know and like and accept the new me. I'm grateful for this amazing opportunity. I was given a life long gift, that I will treasure forever. Thank You, and God bless! Tammi Risse Successfully completed Grief Recovery Class 2019Participant in Huntington Beach, Ca03/26/2058
I was able to verbalize my grief in a way that helped me release it. There were emotional moments in class and while completing homework, but i felt a lifting as each class progressed. I looked forward to going to the group meetings. To be honest, in previous therapy I didn't look forward to it. This course was different and much more helpful to me. Thank you to Caryl for all of her guidance and compassion.Participant in Hamilton, NJ02/25/2020
What was helpful for me was completing unfinished emotional business. I did not need the units on STERBs or family messages about grief. I had already done that work in the past. But the grief timeline and goodbye letter were very helpful exercises.Participant in Hamilton, NJ02/25/2020
The structure of the class worked well for being able to confront all the emotions in an organized way to be able to move forward. The class was a good blend of heart work and brain work to be able to feel some relief and release from ruminations.Participant in VANCOUVER, WA02/24/2020
I entered the program because of the overwhelming grief I felt with the unexpected loss of two close family members within a few weeks. I began to experience anxiety with my grief. Once in the program I began to learn and understand the impact of other incomplete loss experiences I have had throughout my life. This helped me identify and let go of the anxiety and allowed me to focus on healing and completing my grief. I now know there are others I need work through.Participant in Lincoln , CA02/21/2020
It allowed me to look back in my life and go to and old wound that I had been carrying with me since childhood and let it go with forgiveness and love.Participant in Lincoln , Ca02/21/2020
Don't wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
What is The Grief Recovery Method® Support Group?
Our Grief Support Groups provide a safe environment for you to look at your old beliefs about dealing with loss, which losses have affected your life, and take actions that will lead you to complete unresolved emotions that may still be causing you pain.
- It’s an action-based group that involves reading and writing assignments outlined in The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.
- It’s not a drop in group. You’ll either do an 8-week group format or a 7-week one-on-one format depending on your preference and availability.
- Each Grief Support Group is facilitated by one of our Certified Grief Recovery Specialists. Specialists come from all walks of life and professional backgrounds, but have on thing in common: a desire to help people.
- You will learn about all types of loss and you will chose what loss you want to focus upon.
- The Grief Recovery Method is a scientifically tested Evidence Based Program that provides grievers with a tried and true method that has been continuously refined and used time and time again over the last 40+ years, across multiple countries, and in multiple languages, to help them heal from loss(es).
- You will learn about all types of loss and you will choose what loss you want to focus upon.
The Grief Recovery Method Support Group, developed and refined over the past 30 years, teaches you how to recover from loss with supportive guidance every step of the way.