Find Grief Support Specialists in your area
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can help.Find a Group Now
Grief is emotional, not logical.
Did a death, divorce, or the end of a romantic relationship cause it? Or was it caused by any of the forty other losses that a person might experience such as moving, pet loss, or a change in finances? Regardless of the cause, you know how you feel and it probably isn’t good.
We aren’t going to tell you, “We know how you feel,” because we don’t. Neither does anyone else. What we will do is provide a safe environment where you will be given specific tools to help you recover from loss and ultimately lead a happier life.
Reviews for GRM Support Group
It has been a very eye opening experience!!! I was glad to learn I am not broken or damaged. I'm completely normal. We have been given misinformation our whole lives, and in just 8 weeks of true commitment to yourself, without quitting, because you want too! It's hard, but worth it! I was given the tools needed to clean out all the pain in my heart. That is not to say it won't come back or happen again, but NOW I have the ability too work through the anger, hurt and pain, and make more room in my heart for future love, joy, and happiness! I'm looking forward to the new memories I plan on making, and getting to know and like and accept the new me. I'm grateful for this amazing opportunity. I was given a life long gift, that I will treasure forever. Thank You, and God bless! Tammi Risse Successfully completed Grief Recovery Class 2019Participant in Huntington Beach, Ca03/26/2058
Its helpful step along grief journey. Grief needs to be integrated and managed even celebrated as part of life growth and maturing. This method is useful to surrender to the price and process of grief.05/16/2021
It was very educational, first what grief is, how it can manifest itself, what is helpful, what is not! STERBS, timeline, thinking about and writing down losses. Knowing that we can have loved someone who also hurt us and it’s ok to acknowledge that. Enshrine and Bedevil are not healthy .05/13/2021
I’ve carried the complex loss of my father, at age 14, with me for 26 years and had no idea I could truly find peace with his loss and all of the fallout that ensued. I am so grateful to feel connected to his love again, and to feel that I’ve completed my relationship with him in terms of things unsaid.05/06/2021
I gain so much more knowledge than just grief recovery. I was able to heal from past trauma, hurt,disappointment that stem from my childhood. I was able to understand why I repeated certain cycles in my life. I loved this class and look for to more in the future.05/06/2021
I was thankful to be able to participate in this program during a really stressful time of illness, grief and the pandemic. I feel like I received some insight into what coping skills serve myself and my family well and which ones have not.05/05/2021
Don't wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
What is The Grief Recovery Method® Support Group?
Our Grief Support Groups provide a safe environment for you to look at your old beliefs about dealing with loss, which losses have affected your life, and take actions that will lead you to complete unresolved emotions that may still be causing you pain.
- It’s an action-based group that involves reading and writing assignments outlined in The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.
- It’s not a drop in group. You’ll either do an 8-week group format or a 7-week one-on-one format depending on your preference and availability.
- Each Grief Support Group is facilitated by one of our Certified Grief Recovery Specialists. Specialists come from all walks of life and professional backgrounds, but have on thing in common: a desire to help people.
- You will learn about all types of loss and you will chose what loss you want to focus upon.
- The Grief Recovery Method is a scientifically tested Evidence Based Program that provides grievers with a tried and true method that has been continuously refined and used time and time again over the last 40+ years, across multiple countries, and in multiple languages, to help them heal from loss(es).
The Grief Recovery Method Support Group, developed and refined over the past 30 years, teaches you how to recover from loss with supportive guidance every step of the way.