Find Grief Support Specialists in your area
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can help.Find a Group Now
Grief is emotional, not logical.
Did a death, divorce, or the end of a romantic relationship cause it? Or was it caused by any of the forty other losses that a person might experience such as moving, pet loss, or a change in finances? Regardless of the cause, you know how you feel and it probably isn’t good.
We aren’t going to tell you, “We know how you feel,” because we don’t. Neither does anyone else. What we will do is provide a safe environment where you will be given specific tools to help you recover from loss and ultimately lead a happier life.
Reviews for GRM Support Group
It has been a very eye opening experience!!! I was glad to learn I am not broken or damaged. I'm completely normal. We have been given misinformation our whole lives, and in just 8 weeks of true commitment to yourself, without quitting, because you want too! It's hard, but worth it! I was given the tools needed to clean out all the pain in my heart. That is not to say it won't come back or happen again, but NOW I have the ability too work through the anger, hurt and pain, and make more room in my heart for future love, joy, and happiness! I'm looking forward to the new memories I plan on making, and getting to know and like and accept the new me. I'm grateful for this amazing opportunity. I was given a life long gift, that I will treasure forever. Thank You, and God bless! Tammi Risse Successfully completed Grief Recovery Class 2019Participant in Huntington Beach, Ca03/26/2058
I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MOVE FORWARD AND VIEW THE LOSSES IN MY LIFE IN A NEW LIGHT THAT HAS HAD PROFOUND EFFECT ON MY CURRENT LIFE! HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE COURSE TO ALL PEOPLE AS THERE IS NO ONE WHO HAS NOT EXPERIENCED ANY KIND OF LOSS IN THEIR LIFE!!! WISH THIS WAS PROVIDED TO THE SCHOOL SYSTEM FOR STUDENTS.Participant in HINTON, AB06/04/2020
Initially I was terrified to look so closely into my losses. But Candace and Mandy calmed my fears by being so open about their losses and so empathetic to everyone in our group. I will recommend this program to many people as I think it's very beneficial and healing. So grateful for this program.Participant in Hinton, AB06/04/2020
It gave me a concrete path to follow and tools to use, so that I could navigate the internal fog I felt after my son’s death. There were tangible and very helpful to me.Participant in Hinton, AB06/04/2020
The program helped me deal with the loss of my husband but to also address other personal relationships as well.Participant in Frankfort, Ky06/03/2020
Great program which assisted with my completing my grieving process. Program provided an excellent understanding " that Grief is normal and it's different for each one of us"Participant in Oviedo, Florida06/01/2020
Don't wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
What is The Grief Recovery Method® Support Group?
Our Grief Support Groups provide a safe environment for you to look at your old beliefs about dealing with loss, which losses have affected your life, and take actions that will lead you to complete unresolved emotions that may still be causing you pain.
- It’s an action-based group that involves reading and writing assignments outlined in The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.
- It’s not a drop in group. You’ll either do an 8-week group format or a 7-week one-on-one format depending on your preference and availability.
- Each Grief Support Group is facilitated by one of our Certified Grief Recovery Specialists. Specialists come from all walks of life and professional backgrounds, but have on thing in common: a desire to help people.
- You will learn about all types of loss and you will chose what loss you want to focus upon.
- The Grief Recovery Method is a scientifically tested Evidence Based Program that provides grievers with a tried and true method that has been continuously refined and used time and time again over the last 40+ years, across multiple countries, and in multiple languages, to help them heal from loss(es).
The Grief Recovery Method Support Group, developed and refined over the past 30 years, teaches you how to recover from loss with supportive guidance every step of the way.