Grief Support In-Person 1-on-1
Our Grief Recovery Method Specialists are certified to work with you 1-on-1, taking you through the actions of the Method in a safe, confidential, and compassionate way.Find Support
The grief that comes with any emotional loss can be overwhelming and also very isolating. Often people find that those they normally count on for emotional support are at a total loss when it comes to offering effective and meaningful assistance. They will often give you logical reasons why you should not feel bad, but that rarely helps. Grief is emotional and not logical! You are suffering from a broken heart, not a broken head! The fact that you are seeking help in dealing with that emotional pain is not a sign of weakness, but rather a recognition on your part that you are interested in taking recovery action!
Private, Comfortable Setting
While some people prefer to work in a group setting, with other grievers, many find it easier to work with a Trained Specialist one-on-one. This will allow you privacy in discussing your emotional pain with a trained professional, who has used the same tools they are offering you to deal with the heartbreak that has impacted their life!
Our GRM Specialists are specially trained and certified to create a safe environment for you to discovery and complete the emotional pain you have been carrying surrounding a loss in your life. They are your “heart with ears” to listen and support you throughout the Grief Recovery Method, without any judgments, criticisms, or comparing losses.
Reviews for GRM In-Person 1-on-1 Support
I really have appreciated the equation like aspect of this method, that is that we do step 1 which leads to step 2 which leads to step 3. I also like that there is an actual end/output. I also appreciate how the book and the Method taught me to look at other events in my life and helped me realize that I had other events and experiences that I had not grieved properly for and as such were causing me pain. The Counselor was very helpful in helping me address these other events and experiences and relationships.12/31/2019
I was grieving a 25+ year marriage that ended in divorce. I was blaming myself & feeling a bit stuck. This program opened my eyes to the fact that he wasn't perfect, I am NOT to blame for everything that happened.08/06/2019
Prior to starting Grief Counseling with Tara Taylor I had been to roughly 20 different therapists in my life. I had reached a point where I was self medicating to deal with the darkness and I knew I needed something different to help me get through the pain of my past losses. I could not be happier that I called Tara and started Grief Counseling. This course is not normal therapy it is an action based course that helps you work through loss in a logical and yet very emotional way. I was not only completely inspired by this course but I have felt a sense of calm and peace I never thought I would be able feel after it’s completion.08/04/2019
Still early though I feel and see changes where ever I look, and if not I find making adjustments still available if I look. Time will tell. Excited and energized. Thank you.08/01/2019
I was in a place of deep turmoil emotionally when I came into the program. Nancy was able to guide me through the method and completion of one loss, which had the effect of helping me see other things in my life much more clearly. I feel equipped to better protect myself and be strong and make better choices for myself as a result. There's a greater peace in my life now.08/01/2019
Just having someone there to help me walk through things that have happened to me in my life made a significant impact. Also, upon reading the book I came to realize that the worlds standards of what grief is and how it works is not logical for every circumstance. It made me feel better knowing that my reactions to what has happened to me are in fact normal and there is not anything wrong with me.07/31/2019
Is your heart: Broken? Lost? Stuck?
Why wait? Call now.
These are the things that our One-On-One Grief Recovery Method Support Programs have to offer:
- This approach allows you to work directly, in a one-on-one format, with a Grief Recovery Specialist, certified and trained by The Grief Recovery Institute.
- Working in the one-on-one format allows you more flexibility in selecting a meeting time that is convenient to both your personal schedule and that of your Specialist.
- Each of these seven meetings will last roughly one hour.
- Your Specialist will take you through each step of the Grief Recovery Method, utilizing the materials spelled out in “The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.”
- While you may come into this program with a specific loss in mind, your Specialist will lead you through the process of looking at all of the emotional losses that have touched you throughout your life, so that you can be focused on the one that has impacted you to the greatest degree.
- As with our other programs, your Specialist will offer you a safe environment where you can share your feelings in total honestly, with absolute confidentiality assured.
- The Grief Recovery Method is a scientifically tested Evidence Based Program that provides grievers with a tried and true method that has been continuously refined and used time and time again over the last 40+ years, across multiple countries, and in multiple languages, to help them heal from loss(es).
“Having the option of the one to one course was attractive to me as I felt I was likely to hold back from expressing my feelings, concerning the death of my wife, in a group scenario. It quickly became apparent to me that I was getting so much more from the sessions than if I had read the Grief Recovery Handbook by myself. Some two months after finishing the course I certainly feel it has been of great benefit to me.”
The Grief Recovery Method Support programs have been developed and refined over the past 40 years, they teach you how to recover from loss with supportive 1-on-1 guidance every step of the way.
The investment for the Grief Recovery Method 1-1 Program varies from Advanced Specialist to Advanced Specialist.