Grief Support In-Person 1-on-1
Our Grief Recovery Method Specialists are certified to work with you 1-on-1, taking you through the actions of the Method in a safe, confidential, and compassionate way.Find Support
The grief that comes with any emotional loss can be overwhelming and also very isolating. Often people find that those they normally count on for emotional support are at a total loss when it comes to offering effective and meaningful assistance. They will often give you logical reasons why you should not feel bad, but that rarely helps. Grief is emotional and not logical! You are suffering from a broken heart, not a broken head! The fact that you are seeking help in dealing with that emotional pain is not a sign of weakness, but rather a recognition on your part that you are interested in taking recovery action!
Private, Comfortable Setting
While some people prefer to work in a group setting, with other grievers, many find it easier to work with a Trained Specialist one-on-one. This will allow you privacy in discussing your emotional pain with a trained professional, who has used the same tools they are offering you to deal with the heartbreak that has impacted their life!
Our GRM Specialists are specially trained and certified to create a safe environment for you to discovery and complete the emotional pain you have been carrying surrounding a loss in your life. They are your “heart with ears” to listen and support you throughout the Grief Recovery Method, without any judgments, criticisms, or comparing losses.
Reviews for GRM In-Person 1-on-1 Support
It really helped how the program is structured. By doing it bits at a time made not overwhelming at all. As doing the program, my brain fog got better. And now I'm ready to move forward. Now I will do more graphs in other parts of my life. I look forward to having a more peaceful life.Participant in Lawrenceville, GA01/12/2069
The program worked well for me and I learned a lot of how we did not talk or learn how to deal with losses growing up. It really opened up my eyes and will help me deal with future losses.06/16/2021
I was able to let go of the pain and constant going over and over the relationship. I was able to see I did my best as a mom and that I never ever intended to hurt my child. I can now stop the constant going over and over how I went wrong. Now I can remember all the good times and I see they far out weighted the bad.06/16/2021
Thank you for creating this process allowing people that look like me to facilitate, that's encouraging me to participate06/14/2021
When I lost my 13 year old grandson to suicide 8 months ago I didn’t believe I would ever recover from it or be able to continue to live a normal life. His parents did the GRM program not long after he passed and strongly encouraged me to do it also. Through the GRM I learned what my patterns were in handling losses throughout my life. I had no tools to deal with my pain. The conventional ones of time, keep busy, he’s in a better place, etc. just made me angry. After my experience with GRM I know I will be able to carry on and remember my boy with love and happy memories. Miss him? Of course, I always will and very sad, too, but the overwhelming heaviness of grief has been lifted. Thank you. Sally06/10/2021
This program helped me learn more about grief and how to cope with myself and others who are grieving. It prepared me for the public and others’ responses to me as I am grieving. Nancy Hull was amazing in being my grief counselor.06/09/2021
Is your heart: Broken? Lost? Stuck?
Why wait? Call now.
These are the things that our One-On-One Grief Recovery Method Support Programs have to offer:
- This approach allows you to work directly, in a one-on-one format, with a Grief Recovery Specialist, certified and trained by The Grief Recovery Institute.
- Working in the one-on-one format allows you more flexibility in selecting a meeting time that is convenient to both your personal schedule and that of your Specialist.
- Each of these seven meetings will last roughly one hour.
- Your Specialist will take you through each step of the Grief Recovery Method, utilizing the materials spelled out in “The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.”
- While you may come into this program with a specific loss in mind, your Specialist will lead you through the process of looking at all of the emotional losses that have touched you throughout your life, so that you can be focused on the one that has impacted you to the greatest degree.
- As with our other programs, your Specialist will offer you a safe environment where you can share your feelings in total honestly, with absolute confidentiality assured.
- The Grief Recovery Method is a scientifically tested Evidence Based Program that provides grievers with a tried and true method that has been continuously refined and used time and time again over the last 40+ years, across multiple countries, and in multiple languages, to help them heal from loss(es).
“Having the option of the one to one course was attractive to me as I felt I was likely to hold back from expressing my feelings, concerning the death of my wife, in a group scenario. It quickly became apparent to me that I was getting so much more from the sessions than if I had read the Grief Recovery Handbook by myself. Some two months after finishing the course I certainly feel it has been of great benefit to me.”
The Grief Recovery Method Support programs have been developed and refined over the past 40 years, they teach you how to recover from loss with supportive 1-on-1 guidance every step of the way.
The investment for the Grief Recovery Method 1-1 Program varies from Advanced Specialist to Advanced Specialist.