Grief Support In-Person 1-on-1
Our Grief Recovery Method Specialists are certified to work with you 1-on-1, taking you through the actions of the Method in a safe, confidential, and compassionate way.Find Support
The grief that comes with any emotional loss can be overwhelming and also very isolating. Often people find that those they normally count on for emotional support are at a total loss when it comes to offering effective and meaningful assistance. They will often give you logical reasons why you should not feel bad, but that rarely helps. Grief is emotional and not logical! You are suffering from a broken heart, not a broken head! The fact that you are seeking help in dealing with that emotional pain is not a sign of weakness, but rather a recognition on your part that you are interested in taking recovery action!
Private, Comfortable Setting
While some people prefer to work in a group setting, with other grievers, many find it easier to work with a Trained Specialist one-on-one. This will allow you privacy in discussing your emotional pain with a trained professional, who has used the same tools they are offering you to deal with the heartbreak that has impacted their life!
Our GRM Specialists are specially trained and certified to create a safe environment for you to discovery and complete the emotional pain you have been carrying surrounding a loss in your life. They are your “heart with ears” to listen and support you throughout the Grief Recovery Method, without any judgments, criticisms, or comparing losses.
Reviews for GRM In-Person 1-on-1 Support
It really helped how the program is structured. By doing it bits at a time made not overwhelming at all. As doing the program, my brain fog got better. And now I'm ready to move forward. Now I will do more graphs in other parts of my life. I look forward to having a more peaceful life.Participant in Lawrenceville, GA01/12/2069
I found it helpful to realize how other events and losses in my like impacted this loss. The program gave me a lot to think about!Participant in Bremen, In02/25/2020
With the Grief Recovery Method and the help that Alexis gave, I have been able to resolve the loss I have felt for a long time.Participant in Redondo Beach, California02/19/2020
This program opened my eyes to see loss, grief, forgiveness and apologies in a more positive constructive light. I was given tools to recognize losses in my past where there were incomplete communications affecting my life today. And how to complete these. I love this program. It is short, direct, and effective.Participant in San Diego, CA02/18/2020
The structure and the homework was helpful to me. I found some of the language in the text a bit dated but I was able to get a lot out of my experience by finding and following what was helpful and leaving the rest. I would highly recommend to others that they work with a professional if possible, had I just picked up the book I may not have stuck with it on my own.Participant in Duluth, MN02/18/2020
This program really helped me understand my emotional reaction to the recent loss of my mom. The feelings and emotions I was experiencing were the result of learned behaviors dealing with a lifetime of loss. I trusted the process not knowing where it would lead, but knowing that I wanted to stop the downward spiral. And it did! This process brought clarity to my emotions and my relationship with my mom. I am forever grateful to Cindy who was perceptive, open, empathetic, and created a safe space of honesty and vulnerability.Participant in Vancouver, Washington02/17/2020
Is your heart: Broken? Lost? Stuck?
Why wait? Call now.
These are the things that our One-On-One Grief Recovery Method Support Programs have to offer:
- This approach allows you to work directly, in a one-on-one format, with a Grief Recovery Specialist, certified and trained by The Grief Recovery Institute.
- Working in the one-on-one format allows you more flexibility in selecting a meeting time that is convenient to both your personal schedule and that of your Specialist.
- Each of these seven meetings will last roughly one hour.
- Your Specialist will take you through each step of the Grief Recovery Method, utilizing the materials spelled out in “The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.”
- While you may come into this program with a specific loss in mind, your Specialist will lead you through the process of looking at all of the emotional losses that have touched you throughout your life, so that you can be focused on the one that has impacted you to the greatest degree.
- As with our other programs, your Specialist will offer you a safe environment where you can share your feelings in total honestly, with absolute confidentiality assured.
- The Grief Recovery Method is a scientifically tested Evidence Based Program that provides grievers with a tried and true method that has been continuously refined and used time and time again over the last 40+ years, across multiple countries, and in multiple languages, to help them heal from loss(es).
“Having the option of the one to one course was attractive to me as I felt I was likely to hold back from expressing my feelings, concerning the death of my wife, in a group scenario. It quickly became apparent to me that I was getting so much more from the sessions than if I had read the Grief Recovery Handbook by myself. Some two months after finishing the course I certainly feel it has been of great benefit to me.”
The Grief Recovery Method Support programs have been developed and refined over the past 40 years, they teach you how to recover from loss with supportive 1-on-1 guidance every step of the way.
The investment for the Grief Recovery Method 1-1 Program varies from Advanced Specialist to Advanced Specialist.