Grief Support In-Person 1-on-1
Our Grief Recovery Method Specialists are certified to work with you 1-on-1, taking you through the actions of the Method in a safe, confidential, and compassionate way.Find Support
The grief that comes with any emotional loss can be overwhelming and also very isolating. Often people find that those they normally count on for emotional support are at a total loss when it comes to offering effective and meaningful assistance. They will often give you logical reasons why you should not feel bad, but that rarely helps. Grief is emotional and not logical! You are suffering from a broken heart, not a broken head! The fact that you are seeking help in dealing with that emotional pain is not a sign of weakness, but rather a recognition on your part that you are interested in taking recovery action!
Private, Comfortable Setting
While some people prefer to work in a group setting, with other grievers, many find it easier to work with a Trained Specialist one-on-one. This will allow you privacy in discussing your emotional pain with a trained professional, who has used the same tools they are offering you to deal with the heartbreak that has impacted their life!
Our GRM Specialists are specially trained and certified to create a safe environment for you to discover and complete the emotional pain you have been carrying surrounding a loss in your life. They are your “heart with ears” to listen and support you throughout the Grief Recovery Method, without any judgments, criticisms, or comparing losses.
Reviews for GRM In-Person 1-on-1 Support
It helped me to understand that the feelings I am having are normal, that grieving is a process and with the correct understanding / tools, one can recover and change the pain into feelings of sad and happiness toward the one who I lost...by pet named" Ozzie " the Rat Terrier. Just knowing that I am on the right direction toward a positive attitude and solution is very comforting. Thank you " Grief Recovery Method ". Vasco Nunez10/08/2022
The program provided a good path for discerning the various aspects of grief one encounters in life while also providing great tools to work through that process helping to lead an individual toward healing.09/02/2022
Doing the GRM has helped me understand my misconceptions about grief, and learn about how to process challenging emotions. Completing a relationship which I was grieving has been a powerful and emotionally cleansing experience. I feel like my day-to-day wellbeing has improved, and that I am now more able to cope with losses in my life.08/25/2022
After the loss of my husband, I was not sure I could stand the pain. Ann was a loving, caring, professional coach. After our last session I felt joy again. You could say she saved my life. I would recommend her to anyone who has experienced loss.08/22/2022
The programme worked very well for me, but I will need to continue meeting with my partner to complete some more relationships08/19/2022
With a recent death to grieve and another imminent and as the support person for my family I had not been able to face my grief. With the program, I was able to access the pain and feelings I'd been avoiding. I learned how to understand grief in a different way and to develop tools to chart what I was feeling. Surprisingly, I gained insight into myself as well. I feel that the program helped me to honour my brother's death and our relationship in such a profound way. I am not afraid of the pain now.08/14/2022
Is your heart: Broken? Lost? Stuck?
Why wait? Call now.
These are the things that our One-On-One Grief Recovery Method Support Programs have to offer:
- This approach allows you to work directly, in a one-on-one format, with a Grief Recovery Specialist, certified and trained by The Grief Recovery Institute.
- Working in the one-on-one format allows you more flexibility in selecting a meeting time that is convenient to both your personal schedule and that of your Specialist.
- Each of these seven meetings will last roughly one hour.
- Your Specialist will take you through each step of the Grief Recovery Method, utilizing the materials spelled out in “The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.”
- While you may come into this program with a specific loss in mind, your Specialist will lead you through the process of looking at all of the emotional losses that have touched you throughout your life, so that you can be focused on the one that has impacted you to the greatest degree.
- As with our other programs, your Specialist will offer you a safe environment where you can share your feelings in total honestly, with absolute confidentiality assured.
- The Grief Recovery Method is a scientifically tested Evidence Based Program that provides grievers with a tried and true method that has been continuously refined and used time and time again over the last 40+ years, across multiple countries, and in multiple languages, to help them heal from loss(es).
“Having the option of the one to one course was attractive to me as I felt I was likely to hold back from expressing my feelings, concerning the death of my wife, in a group scenario. It quickly became apparent to me that I was getting so much more from the sessions than if I had read the Grief Recovery Handbook by myself. Some two months after finishing the course I certainly feel it has been of great benefit to me.”
The Grief Recovery Method Support programs have been developed and refined over the past 40 years, they teach you how to recover from loss with supportive 1-on-1 guidance every step of the way.
The investment for the Grief Recovery Method 1-1 Program varies from Advanced Specialist to Advanced Specialist.