Grief Support In-Person 1-on-1
Our Grief Recovery Method Specialists are certified to work with you 1-on-1, taking you through the actions of the Method in a safe, confidential, and compassionate way.Find Support
The grief that comes with any emotional loss can be overwhelming and also very isolating. Often people find that those they normally count on for emotional support are at a total loss when it comes to offering effective and meaningful assistance. They will often give you logical reasons why you should not feel bad, but that rarely helps. Grief is emotional and not logical! You are suffering from a broken heart, not a broken head! The fact that you are seeking help in dealing with that emotional pain is not a sign of weakness, but rather a recognition on your part that you are interested in taking recovery action!
Private, Comfortable Setting
While some people prefer to work in a group setting, with other grievers, many find it easier to work with a Trained Specialist one-on-one. This will allow you privacy in discussing your emotional pain with a trained professional, who has used the same tools they are offering you to deal with the heartbreak that has impacted their life!
Our GRM Specialists are specially trained and certified to create a safe environment for you to discovery and complete the emotional pain you have been carrying surrounding a loss in your life. They are your “heart with ears” to listen and support you throughout the Grief Recovery Method, without any judgments, criticisms, or comparing losses.
Reviews for GRM In-Person 1-on-1 Support
This program helped me get through emotions and feelings I had revolving an estrangement to a family member. It was very helpful in dealing with the situation.04/19/2022
When I started I wondered if it was too soon, do I need to grieve Craig longer? This program was hard! I didn’t know I could produce that many tears at one time, in every single session.Kari said “While grief will have a lifelong impact you are not meant to grieve forever. Grief is a teacher” and this is how I knew I didn’t do it too early. I did this now because when my mom died I wanted to die, for more than 2 years, and I could not and did not want to feel that way for that long again. After going through this program I have a lighter head, literally my head feels lighter, things matter again, I’m not consumed about the shit that was the last year, and I know I’ll be ok. I’m so grateful to Kari, for her compassion, her honesty, her ability to listen so well, and just being so present with me as I walked this journey.04/14/2022
This program has helped me to understand that I’m not saying goodbye to the person, but to that which was lost.04/13/2022
I finally found a method I could believe in and that works for me long term. I have tried other ways of coping with loss, death, and grief, and this method is more approachable and more straightforward to complete.04/10/2022
My son died and I had other children at home. I needed to keep going so I ignored my grief for 16 years until I was tired of being so angry at everything. I saw a Facebook post about Kari and this program so I checked it out. I was immediately comfortable and at ease with Kari. I trust her and felt very safe. The work was hard but I am very grateful for Kari's gentle prodding and encouragement along the way. The Grief Recovery Method has helped me to start to let go of the hurt, but not let go of the memory and love. I feel like I have better skills and mental preparedness after completing the Grief Recovery Method to navigate future losses as well.04/05/2022
The sun is shining again and I'm light hearted thanks to Kari and the Grief Recovery Method. While I still have moments where shed some tears, they pass quickly. I'm finding joy again in the simple things and most importantly, my mindset has shifted. I am thankful for every moment I still have with my husband as he slowly fades away due to dementia. We laugh more and we love more. Before I was mad and yes, at times mad at him for getting sick. Not anymore!!!!! While our life will never be the same, we are living to the fullest what life we have together and treasuring every moment. Whatever version of him I wake up with each morning it's going to be ok because I have the tools I need. If you are reading this and thinking....should I sign up? Do it!!!04/05/2022
Is your heart: Broken? Lost? Stuck?
Why wait? Call now.
These are the things that our One-On-One Grief Recovery Method Support Programs have to offer:
- This approach allows you to work directly, in a one-on-one format, with a Grief Recovery Specialist, certified and trained by The Grief Recovery Institute.
- Working in the one-on-one format allows you more flexibility in selecting a meeting time that is convenient to both your personal schedule and that of your Specialist.
- Each of these seven meetings will last roughly one hour.
- Your Specialist will take you through each step of the Grief Recovery Method, utilizing the materials spelled out in “The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.”
- While you may come into this program with a specific loss in mind, your Specialist will lead you through the process of looking at all of the emotional losses that have touched you throughout your life, so that you can be focused on the one that has impacted you to the greatest degree.
- As with our other programs, your Specialist will offer you a safe environment where you can share your feelings in total honestly, with absolute confidentiality assured.
- The Grief Recovery Method is a scientifically tested Evidence Based Program that provides grievers with a tried and true method that has been continuously refined and used time and time again over the last 40+ years, across multiple countries, and in multiple languages, to help them heal from loss(es).
“Having the option of the one to one course was attractive to me as I felt I was likely to hold back from expressing my feelings, concerning the death of my wife, in a group scenario. It quickly became apparent to me that I was getting so much more from the sessions than if I had read the Grief Recovery Handbook by myself. Some two months after finishing the course I certainly feel it has been of great benefit to me.”
The Grief Recovery Method Support programs have been developed and refined over the past 40 years, they teach you how to recover from loss with supportive 1-on-1 guidance every step of the way.
The investment for the Grief Recovery Method 1-1 Program varies from Advanced Specialist to Advanced Specialist.