2 1/2 Day Personal Workshops
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can help.
You're Here For A Reason
If you found this page there is a high probability that you, or someone you love, is suffering from a broken heart. Is it due to a death, divorce or another major loss? If so you might feel sad, distracted, or confused. You are not alone. The Grief Recovery Method®: 2½ Day Personal Workshop will give you the tools you need to heal your broken heart and feel complete again.
Reviews for GRM 2½ Day Personal Workshop
I was attending with a friend and learned so much valuable information on how to "get outta jail" that I have been telling everyone I know. This needs to be elementary school curriculum, and Parental training. Let's kill the myths and bad advice we all give. I blush when I think about the stupid things I have said the name of comfort. Yikes. I read 'Sunrise at Midnight' before the class so was really looking forward to the class and Mike Wadel did not disappoint. I am so convinced in the quality and validity of the Method that I plan to finish my Relationship Graphs and then get Certified. I want to be Mike someday and help people find completion.02/28/2021
I apply GRM primarily to relationships with living people in my life. Partly because I fortunately have not experienced what I consider a "close" loss--parent, spouse, sibling or child-but see the value in making strides to having a more complete relationship while you can. Of course, a relationship with a living person usually involves communication on some level, and information explained and techniques learned thru GRM can make your experience in the living relationship more fulfilling. Which is not to say GRM has brought me to a greater understanding of a loss that occurred years ago where the loved one disappeared and the passing was recently was known. Trying to sum up a unique relationship can be challenging, but because GRM can be applied to our living relationships as well as relationships with our deceased loved ones, we are shown our feelings about all our relationships is in our control. Thru GRM, learning the other forms of grief thru enlightens you to the other life losses we experience, so you can explore what the losses have meant and when to recognize a grief situation in your life in the future. Learning about our belief systems, being in what I term "time jail" and the freedom of living in the present moment--yes to helping grievers gain understanding--but a direct hit in how to go forward as well, lessons I try to apply every day. In my opinion GRM teaches lessons much more universal than the word "grief" allows, and the application to "living" relationships has been my strength. I am considering becoming a grief recovery specialist because of the remarkable insights, lessons and techniques to enrich anyone's life.02/28/2021
I feel so much gratitude to be able to attend and this will be a big help in all my areas of life! Excellent programParticipant in Holtsville , NY09/13/2020
This program has given me new insight, new choices on how to deal with grief myself, and how to help others. Learning the practice of being a heart with ears is one of the best teachings I could ever receive. Also, learning to forgive myself and practice forgiving others is something very helpful for me. The support of The Grief Recovery Method Institute is phenomenal. Most recently, working with Elta Ampadu was wonderful. She is knowledgeable and understanding and offers unlimited support.Participant in Miami, Florida09/06/2020
Showed me how to deal with, respond to, and work through traumatic events in my past present and future in a different and positive way. Instead of stuffing and drowning my feelings so thank you all so much!07/31/2020
I had been holding onto a lot of grief surrounding the death of my Father for the past 15 years. Gwen and the Grief Recovery Workshop has allowed me to acknowledge my feelings around my relationship with my Father, accept them, grieve them, and let them go. It was a very liberating experience and I am beyond grateful to have been a part of Gwen's workshop and for the opportunity to look at something that I have been ignoring for many years. I look forward to continuing this work on many areas of my life where grief is present.Participant in Holtsville, NY02/23/2020
Without action, there can be no change.
When can I start?
It is never too soon to heal your broken heart. Would you wait to get help if you broke your arm? Then why wait when you break your heart?
It’s in the time immediately following a loss that your memories of those relationships are the most vivid and accurate. Those memories help you discover what you need to get complete with the relationship.
Grief is emotional, not logical.
The grief that comes with any emotional loss can be overwhelming and also very isolating. Often people find that those they normally count on for emotional support are at a total loss when it comes to offering effective and meaningful assistance. They will often give you logical reasons why you should not feel bad, but that rarely helps. Grief is emotional and not logical! You are suffering from a broken heart, not a broken head! The fact that you are seeking help in dealing with that emotional pain is not a sign of weakness, but rather a recognition on your part that you are interested in taking recovery action!
Some grievers wish to take action in the shortest amount of time possible.
This desire amongst some grievers is why we offer 2½ Day Personal Workshops.
This approach to utilizing The Grief Recovery Method is designed to take you through all of the necessary recovery actions without delay and the need to read the weekly assignments spelled out in “The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.”
Don’t wait any longer with a broken heart.
Find a workshop near you and Register Now!
These are the things that our Grief Recovery Method 2½ Day Personal Workshops have to offer:
- These 2½ Day Personal Workshops are scheduled in different locations around North America throughout the year. Unless there is one being held in your community, travel, and overnight stays will be required.
- This approach allows you to work with an Advanced Grief Recovery Method (GRM) Specialist, certified and trained by The Grief Recovery Institute, in the intensive 2-day group setting.
- Only a very few, highly experienced and skilled Grief Recovery Method Specialists are selected to be specifically trained to offer 2½ Day Personal Workshops.
- Each daily session will generally begin at 8:30 AM and go until 5:30 PM. There will be a group luncheon break, as well as periodic breaks as part of that daily schedule.
- Your Advanced GRM Specialist will take you through each step of the Grief Recovery Method, thereby helping you to take effective action to deal with your specific personal loss.
- While you may come into this program with a specific loss in mind, your Specialist will lead you through the process of looking at all of the emotional losses that have touched you throughout your life, so that you can be focused on the one that has impacted you to the greatest degree.
- Even though you are working in a group setting, your personal focus will be in dealing with the issues of your specific loss.
- These groups include a commitment to total honestly and absolute confidentiality, so that you can comfortably share your feelings.
- The Grief Recovery Method is a scientifically tested Evidence Based Program that provides grievers with a tried and true method that has been continuously refined and used time and time again over the last 40+ years, across multiple countries, and in multiple languages, to help them heal from loss(es).