2 1/2 Day Personal Workshops
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can help.
You're Here For A Reason
If you found this page there is a high probability that you, or someone you love, is suffering from a broken heart. Is it due to a death, divorce or another major loss? If so you might feel sad, distracted, or confused. You are not alone. The Grief Recovery Method®: 2½ Day Personal Workshop will give you the tools you need to heal your broken heart and feel complete again.
Reviews for GRM 2½ Day Personal Workshop
I had been holding onto a lot of grief surrounding the death of my Father for the past 15 years. Gwen and the Grief Recovery Workshop has allowed me to acknowledge my feelings around my relationship with my Father, accept them, grieve them, and let them go. It was a very liberating experience and I am beyond grateful to have been a part of Gwen's workshop and for the opportunity to look at something that I have been ignoring for many years. I look forward to continuing this work on many areas of my life where grief is present.Participant in Holtsville, NY02/23/2020
When my husband of 41 years passed away, I grieved very deeply for 8 years. Life had gone on, but I was stuck in my grief. I thought there was something wrong with me. I tried everything to understand and help me, including reading so many books on grief, seeing a psychiatrist, seeing a therapist, and many other self-inflicted measures, such as overeating, shopping, watching fantasy movies, and isolation. Nothing worked and the pain of grief was so intense that many days I just didn’t want to live. Then my therapist recommended I see someone who was a specialist in Grief Recovery. I registered for a 2-day program, being skeptical that anything could help me in that short time frame. I am glad to say that I was so wrong. I have “completed” (not forgotten) my relationship with my husband. I am no longer stuck in my grief, but recovered from it.Participant in Holtsville, NY02/23/2020
Provided a logical and easy to follow methodology to address and get through life’s most difficult of times and feelings. Once moving past the stereotypical definition of grief, I was provided with a roadmap of how to express and deal with unspoken emotional issues and challenges. The program has provide a methodology and tool to remove pain and blockages in my life. Specifically dealing with a loved one suffering from addiction. It is a freeing experience/exercise to deal from death to job loss. Most importantly it provides a clear roadmap to assist in removing grief while its taking place. Feel so grateful to have the grief method in my life.Participant in Holtsville, NY02/22/2020
My experience with The Grief Recover Method was fantastic. I knew that I had been hurting mentally and physically for sometime and this workshop was the first time someone showed me how to go about recovering from my grief instead of trying to ignore it or "triumph" above it, which always seemed impossible. This program showed me a new way to think about my grief and the emotional pain I've endured. It showed me that my painful experiences do not need to take control of my presence on the daily.Participant in Sacramento, California01/19/2020
In just a short time, I have been able to implement the tools learned to better cope with the dry wells in my life!Participant in Chattanooga, TN01/19/2020
Greatly raised my awareness about grief and gave me the tools to deal with any kind of loss I might have,Participant in Chattanooga, Tennessee01/19/2020
Without action, there can be no change.
When can I start?
It is never too soon to heal your broken heart. Would you wait to get help if you broke your arm? Then why wait when you break your heart?
It’s in the time immediately following a loss that your memories of those relationships are the most vivid and accurate. Those memories help you discover what you need to get complete with the relationship.
Grief is emotional, not logical.
The grief that comes with any emotional loss can be overwhelming and also very isolating. Often people find that those they normally count on for emotional support are at a total loss when it comes to offering effective and meaningful assistance. They will often give you logical reasons why you should not feel bad, but that rarely helps. Grief is emotional and not logical! You are suffering from a broken heart, not a broken head! The fact that you are seeking help in dealing with that emotional pain is not a sign of weakness, but rather a recognition on your part that you are interested in taking recovery action!
Some grievers wish to take action in the shortest amount of time possible.
This desire amongst some grievers is why we offer 2½ Day Personal Workshops.
This approach to utilizing The Grief Recovery Method is designed to take you through all of the necessary recovery actions without delay and the need to read the weekly assignments spelled out in “The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.”
Don’t wait any longer with a broken heart.
Find a workshop near you and Register Now!
These are the things that our Grief Recovery Method 2½ Day Personal Workshops have to offer:
- These 2½ Day Personal Workshops are scheduled in different locations around North America throughout the year. Unless there is one being held in your community, travel, and overnight stays will be required.
- This approach allows you to work with an Advanced Grief Recovery Method (GRM) Specialist, certified and trained by The Grief Recovery Institute, in the intensive 2-day group setting.
- Only a very few, highly experienced and skilled Grief Recovery Method Specialists are selected to be specifically trained to offer 2½ Day Personal Workshops.
- Each daily session will generally begin at 8:30 AM and go until 5:30 PM. There will be a group luncheon break, as well as periodic breaks as part of that daily schedule.
- Your Advanced GRM Specialist will take you through each step of the Grief Recovery Method, thereby helping you to take effective action to deal with your specific personal loss.
- While you may come into this program with a specific loss in mind, your Specialist will lead you through the process of looking at all of the emotional losses that have touched you throughout your life, so that you can be focused on the one that has impacted you to the greatest degree.
- Even though you are working in a group setting, your personal focus will be in dealing with the issues of your specific loss.
- These groups include a commitment to total honestly and absolute confidentiality, so that you can comfortably share your feelings.
- The Grief Recovery Method is a scientifically tested Evidence Based Program that provides grievers with a tried and true method that has been continuously refined and used time and time again over the last 40+ years, across multiple countries, and in multiple languages, to help them heal from loss(es).