2 Day Personal Workshops
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can help.View Upcoming Workshops
If you found this page there is a high probability that you, or someone you love, is suffering from a broken heart. Is it due to a death, divorce or another major loss? If so you might feel sad, distracted, or confused. You are not alone. The Grief Recovery Method®: 2 Day Personal Workshop will give you the tools you need to heal your broken heart and feel complete again.
Grief is emotional, not logical.
The grief that comes with any emotional loss can be overwhelming and also very isolating. Often people find that those they normally count on for emotional support are at a total loss when it comes to offering effective and meaningful assistance. They will often give you logical reasons why you should not feel bad, but that rarely helps. Grief is emotional and not logical! You are suffering from a broken heart, not a broken head! The fact that you are seeking help in dealing with that emotional pain is not a sign of weakness, but rather a recognition on your part that you are interested in taking recovery action!
Some grievers wish to take action in the shortest amount of time possible, which is why we offer 2-Day Personal Workshops. This approach to utilizing The Grief Recovery Method is designed to take you through all of the necessary recovery actions without delay and the need to read the weekly assignments spelled out in “The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.”
Reviews for GRM 2 Day Personal Workshop
I came to grief recovery to figure out how to "get over" the loss of my parents. After this workshop I have discovered that I have uncompleted grief that does not pertain to the people that died. I ended up doing my exhusband. What a Life Changing method.Participant in commack, NY09/22/2019
It helped me to think differently and provided me with tools to help me close out and complete the loss I worked on around my dad. I feel lighter knowing that just because I completed the relationship doesn't mean I will ever forget him or stop missing him. That's a big reason why I kept myself in the grief. I also feel the process and getting to the actual letter and reading it is powerful. I feel like I have said everything I needed to finally say in a way I would have never been able to do on my own. And now I'm being aware of any PS's that might need to be addressed. The whole process left me feeling more hopeful than I have in years and happy to know I can work on more. Thank you. I'm actually hoping to become certified myself because every one needs this.Participant in Commack, New York09/22/2019
I have been grieving my father since I was a child. My father is still alive with me today. I never once realized that the correct word for my experiences with him was grief. I triggered it to just be toxic, abuse, PTSD. But the amount of loses I had in my relationship with him was unbearable. Gwen has opened my ears and eyes to realize what it is I actually went through. This past weekend at this workshop I was able to let go of the root of all my pain. And the reason I had been the way I am for my entire life. I can't begin to explain how thankful I am for taking this.Participant in Commack, NY09/22/2019
This program has helped me to understand that you can forgive and apologize without blame. In review, I have concluded that forgiveness is about me not the other person. I cannot expect that I should hold myself hostage from those who have passed on or those who are living. I can apologize for the things I have done wrong because I am not perfect and acceptance of that apology is up to the other person. I must move on.Participant in Newhall, California08/29/2019
I feel like I have a lot of work left to complete, but the program has given me the tools to do it. I am now able to see myself more clearly.Participant in Valencia, CA08/11/2019
I left the grief workshop with a greater sense of peace about the relationship with my mother. I have already been able to use skills I learned while leading my mental health support group.Participant in Valencia, CA08/11/2019
When can I start?
It is never too soon to heal your broken heart. Would you wait to get help if you broke your arm? Then why wait when you break your heart?
It’s in the time immediately following a loss that your memories of those relationships are the most vivid and accurate. Those memories help you discover what you need to get complete with the relationship.
Don’t wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
These are the things that our Grief Recovery Method 2-Day Personal Workshops have to offer:
- These 2-Day Personal Workshops are scheduled in different locations around North America throughout the year. Unless there is one being held in your community, travel, and overnight stays will be required.
- This approach allows you to work with an Advanced Grief Recovery Method (GRM) Specialist, certified and trained by The Grief Recovery Institute, in the intensive 2-day group setting.
- Only a very few, highly experienced and skilled Grief Recovery Method Specialists are selected to be specifically trained to offer 2-Day Personal Workshops.
- Each daily session will generally begin at 8:30 AM and go until 5:30 PM. There will be a group luncheon break, as well as periodic breaks as part of that daily schedule.
- Your Advanced GRM Specialist will take you through each step of the Grief Recovery Method, thereby helping you to take effective action to deal with your specific personal loss.
- While you may come into this program with a specific loss in mind, your Specialist will lead you through the process of looking at all of the emotional losses that have touched you throughout your life, so that you can be focused on the one that has impacted you to the greatest degree.
- Even though you are working in a group setting, your personal focus will be in dealing with the issues of your specific loss.
- These groups include a commitment to total honestly and absolute confidentiality, so that you can comfortably share your feelings.
- The Grief Recovery Method is a scientifically tested Evidence Based Program that provides grievers with a tried and true method that has been continuously refined and used time and time again over the last 40+ years, across multiple countries, and in multiple languages, to help them heal from loss(es).
“Having the option of the one to one course was attractive to me as I felt I was likely to hold back from expressing my feelings, concerning the death of my wife, in a group scenario. It quickly became apparent to me that I was getting so much more from the sessions than if I had read the Grief Recovery Handbook by myself. Some two months after finishing the course I certainly feel it has been of great benefit to me.”
Grief is the normal and natural reaction to loss. It’s not a pathological condition or a personality disorder, but society says there is something wrong with you if you aren’t happy all of the time.
141 of the most common things people hear following a loss are not helpful including “we know how you feel” and “it just takes time.” No one can ever know exactly how you feel because no one had the relationship you had. Time alone does not heal heartache. Many people come to us with broken hearts over deaths that happened over 20 years ago. It’s not time that heals, but what you do in that time.