2 Day Personal Workshops
Certified by the Grief Recovery Institute, our Specialists can help.View Upcoming Workshops
If you found this page there is a high probability that you, or someone you love, is suffering from a broken heart. Is it due to a death, divorce or another major loss? If so you might feel sad, distracted, or confused. You are not alone. The Grief Recovery Method®: 2 Day Personal Workshop will give you the tools you need to heal your broken heart and feel complete again.
Grief is emotional, not logical.
The grief that comes with any emotional loss can be overwhelming and also very isolating. Often people find that those they normally count on for emotional support are at a total loss when it comes to offering effective and meaningful assistance. They will often give you logical reasons why you should not feel bad, but that rarely helps. Grief is emotional and not logical! You are suffering from a broken heart, not a broken head! The fact that you are seeking help in dealing with that emotional pain is not a sign of weakness, but rather a recognition on your part that you are interested in taking recovery action!
Some grievers wish to take action in the shortest amount of time possible, which is why we offer 2-Day Personal Workshops. This approach to utilizing The Grief Recovery Method is designed to take you through all of the necessary recovery actions without delay and the need to read the weekly assignments spelled out in “The Grief Recovery Handbook – 20th Anniversary Expanded Edition.”
Reviews for GRM 2 Day Personal Workshop
The Grief Recovery Method was THE BEST program that I have attended on how to move forward and get unstuck in the pain of my complicated grief. I look forward to continuing my journey through grief with the tools given to me during the program. The Grief Recovery Method takes the fear out of the future, no to be hostage to your thoughts, and no longer living in a broken state. The Grief Recovery Method is a must!Participant in Commack , New York06/09/2019
I left the workshop feeling very clear about where my grief was blocking me from moving forward in my life today.Participant in Commack, Ny06/09/2019
The program more supported the work I have done previously. It just gave different names or terms to aspects of grief.Participant in Portland, OR04/28/2019
Actually I haven't completed the last segment yet, I had to attend a funeral and skip the last afternoon, but I look forward to working on that segment with Ed this afternoon.Participant in Portland, Oregon04/28/2019
I was at the point where even the thought of my brother and his mental illness would give me anxiety and send me into a panic for days. I was wrestling with resentment toward him as well as incredible fear surrounding his condition and behavior. I couldn’t physically be around him without feeling tense and erupting with anger. Doing Grief Recovery was the one of best things I have ever done in my life. I don’t feel panic or anger toward my brother - I feel love, compassion and sincere gratitude for him. I can enjoy my brother for who he is and where he is at in his own process and his burdens are not mine to bear. I was able to grieve some losses in our relationship without carrying the pain forward. Now our relationship is defined by fondness and appreciation - the pain is in the past and it will stay there. I will never be the same after Grief Recovery. This method works and it gave me back the parts of me and this relationship that I so desperately was missing and needed back. Thank you so much for this work - it changed my life.Participant in Austin, TX04/14/2019
This program helped me dig deep -to a place I didn’t want to go -but needed to go to help me heal and move forward in my Grief. I am so very thankful I came to this program!Participant in Columbus , Ohio03/24/2019
When can I start?
It is never too soon to heal your broken heart. Would you wait to get help if you broke your arm? Then why wait when you break your heart?
It’s in the time immediately following a loss that your memories of those relationships are the most vivid and accurate. Those memories help you discover what you need to get complete with the relationship.
Don’t wait any longer.
Time alone will not heal your broken heart.
These are the things that our Grief Recovery Method 2-Day Personal Workshops have to offer:
- These 2-Day Personal Workshops are scheduled in different locations around North America throughout the year. Unless there is one being held in your community, travel, and overnight stays will be required.
- This approach allows you to work with an Advanced Grief Recovery Method (GRM) Specialist, certified and trained by The Grief Recovery Institute, in the intensive 2-day group setting.
- Only a very few, highly experienced and skilled Grief Recovery Method Specialists are selected to be specifically trained to offer 2-Day Personal Workshops.
- Each daily session will generally begin at 8:30 AM and go until 5:30 PM. There will be a group luncheon break, as well as periodic breaks as part of that daily schedule.
- Your Advanced GRM Specialist will take you through each step of the Grief Recovery Method, thereby helping you to take effective action to deal with your specific personal loss.
- While you may come into this program with a specific loss in mind, your Specialist will lead you through the process of looking at all of the emotional losses that have touched you throughout your life, so that you can be focused on the one that has impacted you to the greatest degree.
- Even though you are working in a group setting, your personal focus will be in dealing with the issues of your specific loss.
- These groups include a commitment to total honestly and absolute confidentiality, so that you can comfortably share your feelings.
- The Grief Recovery Method is a scientifically tested Evidence Based Program that provides grievers with a tried and true method that has been continuously refined and used time and time again over the last 40+ years, across multiple countries, and in multiple languages, to help them heal from loss(es).
“Having the option of the one to one course was attractive to me as I felt I was likely to hold back from expressing my feelings, concerning the death of my wife, in a group scenario. It quickly became apparent to me that I was getting so much more from the sessions than if I had read the Grief Recovery Handbook by myself. Some two months after finishing the course I certainly feel it has been of great benefit to me.”
Grief is the normal and natural reaction to loss. It’s not a pathological condition or a personality disorder, but society says there is something wrong with you if you aren’t happy all of the time.
141 of the most common things people hear following a loss are not helpful including “we know how you feel” and “it just takes time.” No one can ever know exactly how you feel because no one had the relationship you had. Time alone does not heal heartache. Many people come to us with broken hearts over deaths that happened over 20 years ago. It’s not time that heals, but what you do in that time.